+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Marko.

Smile Hello

Hi to all, new user from Finland here.

I'm a bit unhappy about that I just wrote a long "Welcome" post and managed to get it to disappear before I send it. So I'll try again, maybe a bit shorter version anyway...

My native language is not english, so be prepared to some typos and spelling errors. Also because of my medical condition my hands and fingers is not working so good anymore, and because of that I have some conflicts with my keyboard.

Anyway my most used set to listening to music now is with laptop and headphones, I use old TC-7250 DAC and AKG K845BT (connected with cable). I have changed the DAC's op amp to LM4562 several years ago when I had AKG K550 headphones, and I like the sound with K845 too. Have some other headphones and IEMs too, but I have sold all my portable DACs and amps a long time ago, since this laptop set I now mostly use. But I still somedays put my custom UE IEMs on and listen with those too.

My favorite music is blues; Joe Bonamassa, Gary Clark Jr, Susan Tedeschi (and Derek Trucks too), B.B. King, Beth Hart, Jeff Healey, Clapton etc. But actually almost anything goes, From Nina Hagen to Pizzicato Five. I think it depends of the day and current state of mind more than the genre of the music.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Marko,

Excellent introduction - don't worry your English is perfect and far better than my no-existent Finnish.

When I visited Finland a few years ago (and it's a beautiful country with some of the most helpful and friendly people I have met), I could only understand the bilingual Swedish/Finnish signs in and around Helsinki, since Finnish is a language 'isolate' and not part of the Indo-european family, whereas Swedish is (so there is a very tenuous connection to Latin).

Anyway I digress

Welcome again and enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Marko.

Thanks! Seems like there is so much information here that I'll spend a long time here.

Storm Dennis is now here in Finland, hope that it doesn't cut power off so I can still listen music - my computer setup's UPS only last about 45 minutes. (well laptops battery last longer, but then I'll have to change setup...)

+ Reply to Thread