+ Reply to Thread

Thread: speakers

I'm Greg.

Default speakers

Hello all i am looking at trying different speakers i am on a limited budget just £250.Happy to go used i listen mainly to rock,blues ,acoustic,bluegrass.
    I am looking at ruark templar or monitor audio . any advice appreciated .Room size 15x12
    Thank you
    Greg

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by festy View Post
    Hello all i am looking at trying different speakers i am on a limited budget just £250.Happy to go used i listen mainly to rock,blues ,acoustic,bluegrass.
    I am looking at ruark templar or monitor audio . any advice appreciated .Room size 15x12
    Thank you
    Greg
    These could be worth considering

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...952md-speakers

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...d-M90-speakers

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ighlight=Ruark
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

My first thought when seeing this thread was those MA952s. Reckon you wouldn't go wrong with them. And Monitor Audio always finished them well, so a bit of WAF too
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Greg.

Default speakers

Hi
    thanks for the replies i am i right in thinking that the r952,s would have a brighter sound than the other 2 choices, and any idea if the r952 would be good at lower listening levels.
    regards
    Greg

I'm Gary.

Hi Greg,

My Ruarks are sold sorry.

Check out Rega R3’s, not on your short list but I rate them.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Greg.

Default speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Hi Greg,

My Ruarks are sold sorry.

Check out Rega R3’s, not on your short list but I rate them.

Gary
    They were nice speakers but too far away as i live in the New Forest nr Southampton.I will do some reading on the Rega r3's.

+ Reply to Thread