+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who else supplies these Phono Plugs

I'm Paul.

Default Who else supplies these Phono Plugs

Hi all

This is a bit of an off chance request

All my interconnects are terminated with Gold Phono Plugs once supplied by Maplin here in the UK under their code of JZ09K and JZ10L

Obviously since their demise from the high street I can no longer get any, other than the odd one that pops up on ebay

looking at the attached photos, anyone recognise them from another supplier, I am sure Maplin didn't have them specifically manufactured for them alone. so anyone know of another supplier selling them.

Thanks for any help with this

PaulMaplin JZ09K.jpgMaplin JZ10L.jpgMaplin JZ09K.jpgMaplin JZ10L.jpg
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Hugo.

I would just go for Neutrik Rean phono plugs, which cost very little and are quite good by any standard. This supplier is a good one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neutrik-R...LQUnfUfPPo3sbA

I'm Paul.

Thanks for the link

Unfortunately I am a bit OCD, If I start using something else I would have to change all of them to the same type, OCD can be a curse at times.

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Bill.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Those are what I have used, as well as the Maplin sourced plugs of the OP.

Gold plating the exterior may look nice cosmetically, but from a contact resistance point of view it is only important to gold plate the contacting surfaces.
    Barry

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-H View Post
    Thanks for the link

Unfortunately I am a bit OCD, If I start using something else I would have to change all of them to the same type, OCD can be a curse at times.

Paul
    iI hear yer.. thats why i buy a lot more of what im using just in case.. I doubt you will get any now..

I'm Lawrence.

PM sent

I'm Paul.

Thanks for the PM's Lawrence, had my eye on one of them, the others are the 8mm version, I use the 6mm ones.

Paul

I'm Andre.

Majority of my Digital/Studio system are balanced XLR , the RCA's i just use Rean Phono plugs, Nice & simple, as good as anything.. Available in male & Female plugs as well as 90 Degree version..

+ Reply to Thread