+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crackling mains

I'm tony.

Nick,
    Turned out it was a switch in the central heating boiler. Boiler packed up, heating engineer replaced the switch no more issues.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Nick,
    Turned out it was a switch in the central heating boiler. Boiler packed up, heating engineer replaced the switch no more issues.
    That's great news, I've had endless problems with my boiler, HW and central heating since moving in, there's all sorts of noises in the pipes still and the hot water tank makes the most inane clicking noise...So I suspect this is a somewhat similar issues tbh.

Not exactly using the 4k player that much at the moment and I'll be moving out again early next year hopefully so I'm not gonna bother throwing any money at the problem but it's good to know that you have to watch for stuff like this, anything can seem to affect sound.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Nick,
    Crackin'.

Glad you got it sorted Tony without much expense or hassle.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12