+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crackling mains

I'm tony.

Default crackling mains

My sister in law recently bought a wee flat but she is having some issues with loud crackling intermittently coming through the speakers.

Ive ruled out the gas boiler/TV/AMP/ SPEAKERS/DAC.

The main issue is when she tries to play a movie on her 4k blu ray or listen to music with an attached hard drive-crackling happens every couple of minutes.

Ive put rfi chockes on all the power supplies, tried changing sockets for the mains block.

Even plumbed in my balanced mains-still there.

swapped in my same model blu ray/psu/hdmi....still there!

Any thoughts....thought maybe fridge/leccy meter/somebody in the block with a defective something feeding muck into the mains.

System works fine with the TV doing music or streaming-im stumped!

Help please!

I'm Kevin.

I would be looking at Fridge/ freezer etc.
    But if it only happens with the HDD, then maybe that is the issue?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm tony.

HDD plays fine when plumbed into the telly.

The only time it crackles is when the blu ray player is on.

Fridge is plumbed into the kitchen-dont fancy pulling her nice fitted kitchen to bits.

Her leccy meter is a pre pay job, she has to wait untill April to get the meters changed.

I'm Grant.

might be an issue with bluray converting sound.. is it on stereo?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Could be Blu-ray player picking up mobile phone signals if it is coming and going, maybe from other flats above or below, or possibly as Struth says(Grant).
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm tony.

will give it a go...

I'm Nick.

I'm assuming for a completely different reason (than whatevers causing her crackling) but I have the exact same issue Tony. After a little while of having the 4k player on I get strange crackles through the speakers.

Nothing else does this, not my Zen, not my TV, not even streaming to the Vena from my phone via Bluetooth. Only seems to be the 4k player that does it, and it does it whether it's a disk I'm playing or I'm streaming Netflix or using a HDD on the player.

The crackles aren't RFI or EM interference as far as I can hear, it's a very distinct and loud crack and pop every so often.

Very strange but I think in my case the player is on its last legs as it's having some minor visual hiccups as well as Netflix issues too.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Philip.

I had something similar , it turned out to be the zone valve on the central heating . Might be worth checking .

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    I had something similar , it turned out to be the zone valve on the central heating . Might be worth checking .
    What was the valve doing? What about it needed fixed?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Pete.

just an observation ..my 4k samsung creates drop outs at about the same time intervals with a duration of a fraction of a second ....enough to miss parts of words in speach

this seems very similar but just the opposite ? this has occurred from new and happens if I feed direct or via a dac to my pre. the previous none 4k tv did not do this via the same connections and kit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast