I'm wondering if anyone can help. I've got a pi which came with the picoreplayer/ Squeezelite software already on the card and I want to set up a second pi the same way. I'm not very good at downloading/setting up new software so I'd rather copy the whole contents across from one SD to another. I don't have a keyboard and mouse for the pi, I only use it with the Squeezelite web tool, so I want to copy the files using my Windows 7 laptop.

I plugged the SD card into a USB card reader attached to my laptop but it wouldn't pick up the card, it said I have to format it to recognise the card.

So my question is how do you copy RPi software across from one SD card to another using a W7 laptop? Or alternatively using a "naked" RPi controlled via WiFi with the web browser on my android phone. (I do have an HDMI cable to plug it into my TV but no hardware to plug in to control it, just the USB card reader to add the second SD card. Plus I don't really want to have to code in Linux although I did used to use dos in early PCs so I guess it's similar.)