+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha np-s 303 streamer

I'm Nuno.

And the Denon DNP 800 NE, might be a good alternative...anyone had the chance to hear it?

The Onkyo CS-N755 is another one to consider. It's more than just a streamer though. It's a receiver, CDP, etc. I bought one for the kitchen/dining room area and have been really impressed. The Onkyo remote app that goes with it is one of the best I have used.

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    The Onkyo CS-N755 is another one to consider. It's more than just a streamer though. It's a receiver, CDP, etc. I bought one for the kitchen/dining room area and have been really impressed. The Onkyo remote app that goes with it is one of the best I have used.
    Can you stream your own files?

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Can you stream your own files?
    Yes you can. It supports DNLA, Bluetooth, wireless streaming from PC or phone, etc. Unfortunately I gave away my NAS, so I might need to buy another NAS again. But it streams great from the memory card in my phone. It also handles the files on a USB stick.
    I am so impressed with this Onkyo, I wish I had bought one ages ago.

I'm Andre.

I think we need a thread of how this is performed cos it maybe what im looking for but do not have a clue! If i could stream my own FLAC files that be great. but not a an amp i want to use the amp i have i just want a unit with the facilities to stream

I'm Adrian.

I think we need a thread of how this is performed cos it maybe what im looking for but do not have a clue! If i could stream my own FLAC files that be great. but not a an amp i want to use the amp i have i just want a unit with the facilities to stream
    I looked Onkyo do 2 steamers, to do what you want it needs DMLA and/or usb hard disc drive capabilty so you need to more expensive one. You can plug it into your amp. https://www.whathifi.com/onkyo/c-n7050/review looks good and VFM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I had the Yamaha WXC-50 and reviewed it here https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...11#post1038011

I meant to update the post and never got around to it, but I returned it to Richer Sounds. I was very happy with it, sound quality was excellent, ease of use was simple and it worked as a DNLA renderer from JRiver. The issue was with Spotify, specifically Spotify Connect, which is mainly what I bought it for. It kept freezing and play would stop, with the only solution being to reboot everything, only for it to happen again maybe an hour or so later. After some Googling it seemed a common problem at that time, so I gave up with it. Had that worked OK I would still have it. I didn't like the Music Cast app, but didn't need to use it, so binned it. A lot can change software wise in 2 years though, so I'm sure that's been updated as well.

You can read the Spotify issues by Googling 'yamaha wxc-50 spotify connect problem'

From other reports the issue was more with Spotify, rather than Yamaha and I just had a look again and can't see any recent problems, most seem historical to around 2018, so it looks like they sorted it.

From research at the time the NP-S303 is pretty much the same thing as the WXC50 operationally, in a more 'HiFi' rack box, which is a good thing. I think for the money it's a good unit, I would try it out if you can?

I have used a Node 2i and spent a lot of time setting one up on a Network for a friend. I've also reset and installed new firmware on all his other Bluesound devices (Vault and Node2), so they can be kept up to date, or fixed if the firmware has problems, which does happen.

That's what I would go for personally, very good unit the Node 2i both sound wise and ease of use. Everything works well, Spotify Connect, Roon streaming from a NAS etc and the Bluesound app is straightforward to set-up and use.

But Yamaha devices are good too, so choose which suits best?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Andre.

I came off Spotted on because of issues. The most annoying is Crackles & click like you are listening to a Record. This is apparently a well moaned about issue. People come up will all sorts of try this & that but nothing works. So i cancelled my subscription. Much easier & reliable listening to my own Files.

However looking at the prices of those Network players today, they really need to come down in price cos even £3-400 might seem cheap to some i would not trust this kind of technology with a barge pole hence really really begrudge paying such prices.

Until then its Computer headphones or Medicore Vinyl. Is me or is it getting so hard moving forward these days.. Im just having some mega trouble deciding on stuff.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

The most annoying is Crackles & click like you are listening to a Record. This is apparently a well moaned about issue.
    Never had any trouble with that André, Spotify itself has pretty much worked flawlessly for the 10+ years I've been using it, streaming from both my Music Server or phone.

Did you have a Premium account or the free version? There's a big difference in the sound quality between the free version and the paid version
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Never had any trouble with that André, Spotify itself has pretty much worked flawlessly for the 10+ years I've been using it, streaming from both my Music Server or phone.

Did you have a Premium account or the free version? There's a big difference in the sound quality between the free version and the paid version
    +1 took me about a week to subscribe to Premium, god knows how long ago but I was a very early adopter and I’ve never had those sort of problems ever, listening for on average 8+ hours a day over at least 10 years. Ogg Vorbis at 320 Kbps is fine for most of my listening - Tidal Masters I can tell the difference, but not really with Hi-Fi or streaming my own FLAC.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast