+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha np-s 303 streamer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Nuno.

Default Yamaha np-s 303 streamer

Anyone has or heard this streamer? It has nice reviews, but I wonder if the musiccast app is any good?I would like to get some feedback.

I'm Andre.

If feel these kind a products can easily be obsolete before you know it.. I would never in a million years rely on a streaming device as a source..

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    If feel these kind a products can easily be obsolete before you know it.. I would never in a million years rely on a streaming device as a source..
    I’ve been using a Squeezebox Duet for over ten years. I have a Touch in the main system that I’ve had for almost as long. I suppose it’s a matter of opinion whether this is very long but compared with the box swapping of some it seems a reasonable length of time. Compared to a Garrard 301 short I suppose but CD players seem to come and go fairly quickly.

I'm Gary.

I feel sometimes people make comments just to be provocative, which is all well and good recognised as such.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Andre.

NO I DONT IVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH STREAMING PRODUCTS + Things like this can be obsolete before you know it..

I'm Rob.

I've been looking at a number of streaming options recently. The Yamaha MusicCast system looks interesting and I have been tempted to try the pre-amp WXC-50 as a way of streaming records I'm playing on my turntable, around the house.

For me, I think the limitation of the Yamaha system is the limited choice of compatible speakers, but perhaps I'm wrong.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Andre.

Rob
    By streaming records you must be converting the Analogue signal to a digital signal, which i find odd! As with you guys its all about improved sound, why not just stream a digital signal in the first place from a File or CD?

Im not being argumentative of a Nay sayer for the sake of it like certain people think i am, im just trying to see the Logic in an Audiophiles eyes of such notions!!

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Rob
    By streaming records you must be converting the Analogue signal to a digital signal, which i find odd! As with you guys its all about improved sound, why not just stream a digital signal in the first place from a File or CD?
    I have my main system in a dedicated room, which I love and where I listen to music.

However, reasonably often I want to be able to play music in other rooms (or even my garage/garden), as background music, when we have a party, and just because I'm doing something else in another room and want some music on while I do it. When streaming to other rooms, I'm less worried about out and out quality. It's more about what format the music is in. For example, my favourite Jazz albums I only have on LP. It would be nice to pipe whatever music I have no matter the format, to the room I'm in.

So yes - when I'm streaming to another room, I'm happy to accept a lower fidelity than I would when sat listening to my main Hi-fi system. Saying that, I'd still want it to be of a pretty good quality.
    Rob.