+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha np-s 303 streamer

I'm Nuno.

Default Yamaha np-s 303 streamer

Anyone has or heard this streamer? It has nice reviews, but I wonder if the musiccast app is any good?I would like to get some feedback.

I'm Andre.

If feel these kind a products can easily be obsolete before you know it.. I would never in a million years rely on a streaming device as a source..

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    If feel these kind a products can easily be obsolete before you know it.. I would never in a million years rely on a streaming device as a source..
    I’ve been using a Squeezebox Duet for over ten years. I have a Touch in the main system that I’ve had for almost as long. I suppose it’s a matter of opinion whether this is very long but compared with the box swapping of some it seems a reasonable length of time. Compared to a Garrard 301 short I suppose but CD players seem to come and go fairly quickly.

I'm Gary.

I feel sometimes people make comments just to be provocative, which is all well and good recognised as such.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Andre.

NO I DONT IVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH STREAMING PRODUCTS + Things like this can be obsolete before you know it..

I'm Rob.

I've been looking at a number of streaming options recently. The Yamaha MusicCast system looks interesting and I have been tempted to try the pre-amp WXC-50 as a way of streaming records I'm playing on my turntable, around the house.

For me, I think the limitation of the Yamaha system is the limited choice of compatible speakers, but perhaps I'm wrong.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Andre.

Rob
    By streaming records you must be converting the Analogue signal to a digital signal, which i find odd! As with you guys its all about improved sound, why not just stream a digital signal in the first place from a File or CD?

Im not being argumentative of a Nay sayer for the sake of it like certain people think i am, im just trying to see the Logic in an Audiophiles eyes of such notions!!

I'm Grant.

Not sure if it only accemts streams from an app say on phone or if it uses its own app inbuilt. If latter, then the software will require constant upgrading. If its just taking it via dlna airplay etc from the phone app then only the phone app will require it so that way your going to be much better protected from the dreaded extinct app issue that will eventually happen.
    That said its not especially expensive
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Im glad you are better explaining things than my Cryptic replys

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaptista View Post
    Anyone has or heard this streamer? It has nice reviews, but I wonder if the musiccast app is any good?I would like to get some feedback.
    OK so I will try and put some perspective on it as I understand things.

Firstly the Yamaha WXAD10 Wireless Streaming Adapter has been around for some time and has got some very good reviews for a good streaming solution giving high sound quality at a sensible price, and supports Musiccast as well, so I doubt Yamaha will just dump support for mussiccast in the near future. I suspect the NP-S303 has built on the WXAD10 internals and gone further. I would expect the NP-S303 to be at least as good but with more features and from what I can see the main ones are it supports DSD and has digital out (optical and coax), so if you want optical out to your amp then its going to work, as well as analogue, its about twice the cost as the WXAD10, the NP-S303 on amazon at £249.

The reviews of the np-s 303 generally point out that if you are looking for SQ then it performs best with high-resolution material, but then this is generally the case with most digital solutions IMO. It can stream digital music content from your smartphone, PC or NAS drive, if you have CD's then you could rip them to PC or NAS drive as FLAC or WAV and access them from the Yamaha and still get good SQ when streaming. If you are going to purely Stream music from the internet then I personally would subscribe to TIDAL, which has a large hi-res catalogue and I find easy to use. Even Spotify premium which is supposed to be good I do not find that great, but then I am fussy and others are fine with it.

So if you want a nicely boxed simple easy to use solution then IMO the Yamaha np-s 303 streamer is probably a good one and not that expensive, its DLNA 1.5 compliant so you should be able to connect it to any other DNLA device on your network and send music to it.

At one time I considered the WXAD10 as a simple streaming try it out solution but went a DAC and Raspbery Pi route for other reasons, but I might consider the np-s 303 streamer in the future.

I hope I may have helped in some way.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast