+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha np-s 303 streamer

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Rob
    By streaming records you must be converting the Analogue signal to a digital signal, which i find odd! As with you guys its all about improved sound, why not just stream a digital signal in the first place from a File or CD?
    I have my main system in a dedicated room, which I love and where I listen to music.

However, reasonably often I want to be able to play music in other rooms (or even my garage/garden), as background music, when we have a party, and just because I'm doing something else in another room and want some music on while I do it. When streaming to other rooms, I'm less worried about out and out quality. It's more about what format the music is in. For example, my favourite Jazz albums I only have on LP. It would be nice to pipe whatever music I have no matter the format, to the room I'm in.

So yes - when I'm streaming to another room, I'm happy to accept a lower fidelity than I would when sat listening to my main Hi-fi system. Saying that, I'd still want it to be of a pretty good quality.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    OK so I will try and put some perspective on it as I understand things.
    Nicely done
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    I have my main system in a dedicated room, which I love and where I listen to music.

However, reasonably often I want to be able to play music in other rooms (or even my garage/garden), as background music, when we have a party, and just because I'm doing something else in another room and want some music on while I do it. When streaming to other rooms, I'm less worried about out and out quality. It's more about what format the music is in. For example, my favourite Jazz albums I only have on LP. It would be nice to pipe whatever music I have no matter the format, to the room I'm in.

So yes - when I'm streaming to another room, I'm happy to accept a lower fidelity than I would when sat listening to my main Hi-fi system. Saying that, I'd still want it to be of a pretty good quality.
    Ok so you want to listen to streamed music in other rooms, but also want to listen favourite albums you have on record. My advise is go for the Yamaha get tidal if you want to listen high sq steamed in the lounge, if not the use Spotify I would be surprised if your records are not on there unless they are rare recordings. Hope I have helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Hope I have helped
    Thank you.
    Rob.