Closed Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a problem at AOS?

I'm Grant.

What do you class as blogging here?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    Being one of the oldest members on the forum you may notice that my post count is very low.
    Reason being that a lot of what is posted on here either does not interest me so I may read the first part and never visit it again.
    Many times though I come across posts which appear to be created to get peoples backs up.

Many a time I have read something which I feel needs a reply - started to type, then before hitting send, re-read what I type then realise I am being dragged into something that in my everyday life I would have just walked away from - the pen (or keyboard) is mightier than the sword as they say.

I join forums for what they are supposed to be about - HiFi forums for HiFi discussions, car forums for car discussions etc.
    If I want to discuss politics, the weather, food etc then I will look for a forum that caters for that.

Would you buy a book on cooking and in the middle find a chapter on how to rebuild your carburettor you would probably return it.
    Why forums have to have sections that are not related to what they are supposed to be about has always puzzled me but it is what it is I suppose.

Anywho - if people choose to get upset and leave a forum for whatever reason then so be it.
    The only time I have left a forum was when it got to cliquey and I felt posting anything was a complete waste of time (although I did rejoin many years later, still the same clique but I had grown up and ignored that......)

All the best to all on this forum as I do find the HiFi areas to be very informative and generally friendly
    (just re-read what I typed before hitting the submit button and I am OK with what I have written!!)
    Good post, Andy, and thanks for taking the time to share your views.

I do understand where you're coming from. However, the key point to remember [in terms of the above in bold] is that AoS isn't simply just a hi-fi or music forum; it's a community, and if you wish to be part of that community, rather than simply using the forum as an information resource to support your hobby, then the subjects you've mentioned, if of interest to our regulars, are bound to come up and be discussed at length.

The other thing to consider, and I think this is very important, is that for many of us who don't use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, etc, *THIS* is OUR social media, and where we keep in touch with people who have become our friends, many of whom we've met in real life, and some of whom live on their own and rarely get the chance to chat to anyone in real life, so that needs to be considered, and it's a vital part of what AoS is about, and gives it SOUL.

In that respect, AoS will continue to fulfil that function. I have no interest whatsoever in 'sanitising' the site in order for it to simply become a-n-other soulless 'bulletin board' or hi-fi forum, as it fundamentally goes against everything that we stand for. I do hope you appreciate where I'm coming from and understand

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Mark, that response above is also directed at you. See in particular my comments about social media, Facebook, etc, in reference to your point about 'blogging'.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good post, Andy, and thanks for taking the time to share your views.

I do understand where you're coming from. However, the key point to remember [in terms of the above in bold] is that AoS isn't simply just a hi-fi or music forum; it's a community, and if you wish to be part of that community, rather than simply using forums as an information resource to support your hobby, then the subjects you've mentioned, if of interest to our regulars, are bound to come up and be discussed at length.

The other thing to consider, and I think this is very important, is that for many of us who don't use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, etc, *THIS* is OUR social media, and where we keep in touch with people who have become our friends, many of whom we've met in real life, and some of whom live on their own and rarely get the chance to chat to anyone in real life, so that needs to be considered, and it's a vital part of what AoS is about, and gives it SOUL.

In that respect, AoS will continue to fulfil that function. I have no interest in 'sanitising' the site for it to simply become a-n-other soulless 'bulletin board; or hi-fi forum, as it fundamentally goes against everything that we stand for. I do hope you appreciate where I'm coming from and understand

Marco.
    Understand Marco - I too do not use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc so understand where you are coming from.

I have said my piece, you have listened and replied so for me this thread will no longer be visited so good luck to everyone else on this thread who continues to keep it going

(Guess what, re-read what I typed and deleted quite a bit of text )
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Well, you asked for an opinion (you did ask for an opinion on the matter) and I gave it. It is your forum and you can do with it as you want but it won’t alter my view on the matter.

I don’t use “Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, etc” but somehow I still manage to chat and interact with others without recourse to discussing my politics on an audio forum (or what I’m having to eat, favourite colour etc.)

I know you like to think of your forum as some kind of village community but it’s not a view I buy into and, as I’m sure you realise, it’s not one that I’m interested in investing in either.
    Well that's fine, Mark. You're entitled to your opinion and thanks for offering it, but we'll just have to agree to disagree [we have quite different personalities in that respect], and so you can contribute or otherwise to topics as you see fit

The majority of people here value the community aspect of AoS, and don't just want a hi-fi forum, me included, so that's how it will continue.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    Understand Marco - I too do not use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc so understand where you are coming from.

I have said my piece, you have listened and replied so for me this thread will no longer be visited so good luck to everyone else on this thread who continues to keep it going

(Guess what, re-read what I typed and deleted quite a bit of text )
    No problem, Andy. Don't be shy in contributing in future though, to stuff that interests you

The thing too, is that for anyone who isn't interested in, say, food or football chat, it's easy to ignore, as it's all contained in the one section, 'Abstract Chat' [that name was chosen very carefully]. If you're only interested in hi-fi therefore, then simply ignore that section - that's why we've worked so hard to separate out all the content!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

i dont use any social media, and never have. i post here only. oh and a private football one, although not much. I look after the youth stuff really as its the type of footy i prefer... Getting lads ready for a career is what more clubs need to do, and also to blood them. Man u do that a lot(but thats another topic).
    I dare say my gallery thread is a bit of a blog... its not used very much tho now. I dare say it may irritate many.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I dare say it may irritate many.
    I doubt it, mate. 527,373 hits says otherwise, unless they're all masochists!

Marco.
    Main System

Audio Al is offline Pishanto Specialist & Super-Daftee

I'm Allen.

OY
    Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    You wont ever catch me conversing about Race related topics. I hate Politics as in Politicians etc, i know jack shit about that tripe anyway. & i cannot abide sport in any form. I think im safe. I do have issues with deluded Hi-Fi enthusiasts tho
    OY ! Who you calling deluded
    [

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I doubt it, mate. 527,373 hits says otherwise, unless they're all masochists!

Marco.
    quite a total.. gone up since last i looked...

its a good title at very least
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast