+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

I'm Will.

Default Hello!

I'm not really new, been lurking for a few years, some will know me from pfm, to others, hello!

My main system is the Olive Naim system I built for myself when I worked for them waaaay back in the late '80s early '90s with some tweaks and taken active:

LP12 cirkus ARO DV-20X2 L
    Trichord Genesis
    NAC72 with RSL cards / Hicap + TPR4
    NAXO / Hicap
    2 x NAP250
    SBLs

I also run a Beresford Caiman SEG / Dorado into Grado 325 modified with Shipbo Audio Paduk cups and Nhoord drivers after one of the original drivers failed. I guess it is the Beresford that brought me to AOS in the first place.

I'm Will.

My user name is a dumb play on words, I was a bit of a Star Wars fan, but not one of those super fans, I No-be-one of those (said like Obi-Wan).

Music, well like my system I guess I am stuck in the '80s and '90s, I listen to a mix of what I would describe as Indie from the day, punk, post punk, new wave, new new wave, odd bits of folk that take my fancy, grunge, some dance. I mostly spin records though I listen to 6 music and stream on a CCA using a family Spotify to identify stuff I want to own, then buy it on LP if it is cheap enough or CD if it would be daft to do otherwise!

I'm Gary.

Hi and welcome,

I find the CCA to be great considering the price.

Utilising some of the settings in both GCC A and Spotify you can really up the SQ.

A Linear Power Supply also improves the GCC A., as does the Toslink out put to DAC.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Hi and welcome,

I find the CCA to be great considering the price.

Utilising some of the settings in both GCC A and Spotify you can really up the SQ.

A Linear Power Supply also improves the GCC A., as does the Toslink out put to DAC.

Gary
    Thanks for the welcome, yup CCA is a bargain no doubt, I have played with the optical output to the Beresford Caiman SEG which moved it on a step I felt but Mrs Nobeone disliked the LEDs in the living room so it has become my working-from-home headphone system run from my laptop via USB. I then tried a Chord Mojo that is a little more decrete and might just get away with that. I'm all for a linear PSU for the CCA, any suggestions of something for the skint flint that will not burn the house down?

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeone View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, yup CCA is a bargain no doubt, I have played with the optical output to the Beresford Caiman SEG which moved it on a step I felt but Mrs Nobeone disliked the LEDs in the living room so it has become my working-from-home headphone system run from my laptop via USB. I then tried a Chord Mojo that is a little more decrete and might just get away with that. I'm all for a linear PSU for the CCA, any suggestions of something for the skint flint that will not burn the house down?
    Try these for the Beresford

I think I paid around £50 for my LPS

Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Cheers Shane! Looking at your signature, you might be able to point me in the direction of the right bit of AOS to ask about Beresford Caiman SEG mods, the new Dorado 2, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Try these for the Beresford
    --snip--

I think I paid around £50 for my LPS

Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Gary, I have given up on ever getting acceptance of the Beresford in the main system rack, too big to hide, and I am not sure I want to blank off the LEDs, but the thought is appreciated, where it is now, by my work clutter, Mrs Nobeone accepts it as it is, which is good!

£50 sounds very reasonable, which LPS do you use?

I'm Gary.

Something like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Gary.

The dots just tone done the display, not blank out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeone View Post
    Cheers Shane! Looking at your signature, you might be able to point me in the direction of the right bit of AOS to ask about Beresford Caiman SEG mods, the new Dorado 2, etc?

Thanks Gary, I have given up on ever getting acceptance of the Beresford in the main system rack, too big to hide, and I am not sure I want to blank off the LEDs, but the thought is appreciated, where it is now, by my work clutter, Mrs Nobeone accepts it as it is, which is good!

£50 sounds very reasonable, which LPS do you use?
    Sorry Will. I have no connection with Beresford. That's just the name of my own group on Facebook.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast