+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Harbeth SHL-5 Speakers

I'm Alan.

Default FS: Harbeth SHL-5 Speakers

Harbeth Super HL5 speakers in Eucalyptus (I think) - you can see the finish in the pictures so if you know better let me know!

These are the best passive speakers I've owned. But I'm just not listening to much music now, and when I do its generally on headphones as I have new next door neighbours in my terraced house. However, I will own a pair of these again one day.

I bought from another forum just over two years ago. They are in pretty much perfect condition and I have the original boxes and inserts.

£1400 for a quick sale - a fair bit less than I paid for them! Pick up or meet-up preferred as the boxes are large. I am in Edinburgh.

The current version of these - which have minimal difference - is something like £4.8k new, so these are a bargain.

I'll include the Atacam Se400 stands for another £80.... again, collect or meet-up.

BTW - the Pirate ship in the pictures does not indicate the presence of small children - my kids are well into their teens now and my hifi has been perfectly safe for years. I kept the pirate ship for sentimental reasons!

Last edited by Alanbeeb; 08-02-2020 at 09:12.

I'm Graham.

Wow great price. I suspect the pirate ship explains your reduced usage.... I had the best part of a 10 year drought, but fear not they do grow up!
    Glws

I'm Alan.

oops - good point about the pirate ship! My kids are well into their teens now and the hifi was never at any risk from them even when they were little. I just like the pirate ship myself and have saved it several times from being sent to jumble sales and charity bags.
    Even when the kids were at their most demanding, I kept the hifi for after their bed time and it was a great refuge from fatherhood! (three-storey house so the sound didn't reach them)

I'm Carsten.

Great price - and a fantastic speaker for the person who wants to get emotionally involved in Music.

Everything around my SHL5's had been replaced several times, but for 10 years I haven't been able to find an alternative to SHL5 for my preferences - and yes, I have tried ;-)
    English is not my native language, so any grammar & spelling errors is due to my crappy Smartphone..

Speakers: Franco Serblin Accordo.
    Amp: Yamaha A-S2100.
    Turntable 1: Sony TTS-8000 in a TB-2000 plinth with:
    Tonearm 1: Helius Phaedra & Benz LP-S.
    Tonearm 2: Reed 2A & ?
    Turntable 2: Garrard 401, Jelco SA-750E & Shelter 501 classic.
    Phonostage: Modwright PH 9.0 w. US Amperex 7308.
    Step-up: Allnic AUT-2000.
    Head-amp: GS Elevator EXP.
    Cables: AN Qssc, Belden 8402 & Audience au24.

http://www.discogs.com/user/Nonnegativ

I'm Alan.

Provisionally sold

+ Reply to Thread