+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Audio Innovations s500

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    As I said to Al look at these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEF-Refer...4AAOSw2j5ea5Cz

I had a pair with the A500, you’ll like top end and bassjob done
    They were mine he said he really wanted a pair and we spent ages talking about the sound and amplification options. He then persuaded me to knock them down to about £600 and stuck them on eBay an hour later for about £1.7k.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    As I said to Al look at these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEF-Refer...4AAOSw2j5ea5Cz

I had a pair with the A500, you’ll like top end and bassjob done
    I had the ref 2, but that was before I had the s500, used them with the Quad/croft and I found them rather uninvolving and quite unmusical.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    no tweeters ?
    Look at https://us.kef.com/explore-kef/kef-m...two-three-four

If I recall correctly the tweeter sits in the middle of the B160 Midrange unit

https://us.kef.com/pub/media/pdf/Ref..._to_Four_r.pdf

Specification: Model Three
    System type: Four-way, floor standing
    Enclosure type: Twin coupled cavity
    Size: 1137 x 275 x 340mm (44.8 x 10.8 x 13.4 inches)
    Weight: 35kg (77 lb)
    Nominal Impedance: 4ohms
    Amplifier requirements: 50-300W
    Frequency response: 40Hz to 20kHz +/-3dB at 2m on reference axis
    Sensitivity: 91dB at 1m/2.83V (anechoic conditions)
    Maximum output: 115dB on programme peaks under typical listening conditions
    System: SP3187
    Drive units: 2 x B200 bass unit (SP1343), B160 lower midrange unit (SP1348), B160 midrange unit (SP1345), NT25 tweeter (SP1353)
    Crossover: SP2225
    System: SP3246 (with boundary compensation device)
    Drive units: 2 x B200 bass unit (SP1343), B160 lower midrange unit (SP1348), B160 midrange unit (SP1345), NT25 tweeter (SP1353)
    Crossover: SP2256
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    They were mine he said he really wanted a pair and we spent ages talking about the sound and amplification options. He then persuaded me to knock them down to about £600 and stuck them on eBay an hour later for about £1.7k.
    That certainly is not very nice
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Mike.

S500 now with David being serviced/modded. Swapped the K's back with their original owner for some mid 90s? AN Js in lovely condition, gonna wait till I get the S500 back to try them though. Be interesting to hear the difference between them and the ks, the J's are a fair bit bigger than I imagined.

[/url]IMG_20200522_204447792 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/145505522@N02/]
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    S500 now with David being serviced/modded. Swapped the K's back with their original owner for some mid 90s? AN Js in lovely condition, gonna wait till I get the S500 back to try them though. Be interesting to hear the difference between them and the ks, the J's are a fair bit bigger than I imagined.

[/url]IMG_20200522_204447792 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/145505522@N02/]
    Have you go the amp back yet?

I'm David.

Not quite, had an issue with a brand new selector switch having an intermittent fault replacement en route to me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910