+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Rogers LS4a Loudspeakers (Black)

I'm Chris.

Default FS: Rogers LS4a Loudspeakers (Black)

For Sale: Rogers LS4a Loudspeakers in a Black vinyl finish.

Great condition. Grilles also in good condition as they are not normally removed.
    No dented tweeters - they have guards anyway. I have photographed them each from two different angles but it ain't easy as they are quite reflective.
    Smoke free home.

Multi-award winning speaker from 1989. I recall it was the darling of all the magazines at the time and the top 5 star recommend for a very long time at it's price point of £240 which was quite a lot back then.

Closed box so bass starts to roll of early but more slowly than a ported box so it goes very deep. The lowest notes from these will surprise you compared to ported boxes of this size. Power handling is 150 Watts unclipped. Impedance 8 ohms. Sensitivity is 88dB/Wm. Woofer is 205mm polypropylene. Tweeter is a very sweet 19mm aluminium dome.

I waited a long time to find a good pair of these and have enjoyed them for many years. I thought I would never sell them but the Cesti MB have taken over and as I am moving shortly to a smaller place, all surplus stuff has to go as I won't have room for it.

£80 collected from Glastonbury

Delivery up to say 30 miles for petrol cost (10p per mile each way in my Dinky toy). If you are between Glastonbury and Torbay, I regularly go to places along this route so free delivery would be possible in Torbay, Exeter, Taunton and surrounding areas.

I'm still working on finding a box or boxes for these and shipping will be quite expensive as they are quite heavy so collection or personal delivery only for the moment and we'll see if they go.

Please click the images for FullHD versions:

Cheers,
    Chris
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Adrian.

Ooh, I am seriously tempted but the better half would kill me. I heard them back in the day and they are very nice acoustically, partnered with a nice amp they make fine music, and yours look in lovely condition. These look perfect for Audio Al
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Ooh, I am seriously tempted but the better half would kill me. I heard them back in the day and they are very nice acoustically, partnered with a nice amp they make fine music, and yours look in lovely condition.
    Go on. You know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    These look perfect for Audio Al
    They partner well with the Topping TP20 mkii - hint hint

In between the Zu Druids going about 5 years ago now (why did I ever sell those ) and the Cesti MB arriving last year, the Rogers have been my main AV speakers. They sounded great with the Marantz PM6005. They sounded amazing with the RME ADI-2 DAC and XTZ Edge A2-300 power amp. No sub required for movie watching.

I'm Chris.

Sale pending

I'm Nigel.

Hi Chris,

I will take them if the sale falls through.

Nigel

I'm Dan.

Bargain

My dad had a pair of these around 2004/5 fond memories they were good and remember all them these years later - I was given the Rotel amp and Denon CD player he got with them at the time that started me off on the road to where i am today and due to this i'm still running LS7's Happy days

GLWS
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    Hi Chris,

Nigel
    OK. You're next in line. The sale won't complete until the 16th but I know the buyer. I've bought from him before so I'm holding them for him.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    Hi Chris,

Nigel
    Sale not pending. He hasn't got room for them! Nigel, they're yours if you still want them.

I'm Graham.

Nice speaker at a very good price that work well in typical uk rooms. Great introduction to a BBC flavored sound for sensible money.

I'm Chris.

The Rogers are still available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast