+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Data only USB cable

I'm Matt.

@julesd68 have you used the Gothic Audio cables long enough to form an opinion yet? I'm interested in these so would appreciate your feedback on them

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    Yes you can buy these, try the bay. But an easy cheap mod is to put insulation tape over the pins on the usb lead at the source
    Or pull back the insulation on the cable, clip a section from the voltage wires, and then heatshrink back in place.

I've only had to do it once when my Beresford DAC brought up an excess current draw warning on my iMac. Generally speaking though it wouldn't normally make a difference.

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw25a View Post
    @julesd68 have you used the Gothic Audio cables long enough to form an opinion yet? I'm interested in these so would appreciate your feedback on them
    I'm sorry that I can't give you any further information on them - I've hardly been able to use my system in the past year and have a lot of catching up to do. I actually bought another one to run from reclocker to DAC but not tried it yet.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    Yes you can buy these, try the bay. But an easy cheap mod is to put insulation tape over the pins on the usb lead at the source
    The reason for my reply is that I am very interested in any (essentially) free upgrade in SQ for my system, but I do have a question. The USB cable I use is connected to a streamer (source) and then to a DAC, would this method still provide an imporvement? Because as I see it (and I am genuinely hoping to be proven wrong), the USB cable can't be transferring or providing power because both ends of the connection are powered by their own supply (if that makes sense).
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

If you have the Caiman MKII or Caiman SEG it is best to use a USB cable that has had the power supply wire cut. The Caiman USB does not take power from the source, i.e. a PC or streamer. The Caiman uses its own dedicated low noise internal supply for the USB.

I'm tony.

lavricables dual headed ultimate usb . One socket in the zen powers it the other handles the data.

Have a single lavri usb 30cm if memory serves you can try to see if silver suits you.

The dual head lives in my main rig.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12