+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric cars, and the national grid!

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Exactly!!

Did everyone read that?? If not, read it again and allow it to SINK IN, as that will eventually become the REALITY!

Insidious mind control/brainwashing by the establishment is the very reason that this new 'electric car' technology was invented, so don't be taken in and CONTROLLED, rather than remaining as a free-thinker and staying *in control*.

Subservient robot or a free-thinking human being? It's still your choice, but not for long!

Marco.
    I suspect that capability is already in quite a few cars with modern interactive technology whether electric or not, through the interaction GPS technology built into the things.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Possibly, Adrian, but it's simply about staying in control as far as possible, and the best way of staying in control is (when and where possible) remaining off-grid and refusing to be 'led' by the powers that be.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Not correct. Toyota have only recently shown a new concept version of their Mirai hydrogen fuel cell powered car, which is less scary looking than the old one, and shows that Toyota have not given up on hydrogen. Good for them, I say! Incidentally James May is running an older Mirai alongside a Tesla Model S to find out which technology will ultimately be best, at least for him. Take a look at the DriveTribe video below:

https://youtu.be/GaIW5CQQ3Zo
    Sorry I meant volkswagon
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Well this bloke seems to think it’s possible.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/can-e...e_article_view

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Well this bloke seems to think it’s possible.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/can-e...e_article_view

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It’s always a play on statistics using percentages, a quick scan shows that only 1.6% of lease cars are EV. It is expected to rise significantly, but there are a few provisos on this, not least Government subsidies to Manufacturers and buyers.

The Lex information quote of 123% increase is meaningless without a base figure.

Government earning from duty and VAT on petrol and diesel fuel is around £35 billion per year.

Road pricing could be used I guess, but difficult in rural areas, needing a significant spend on technology.

Look for increase in energy pricing then?

Gary
    Last edited by Stryder5; 04-02-2020 at 21:08.
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Adrian.

Time to erect a wind turbine to charge up my cars fuel cells, I’ll be ok as on a hill by the coast with prevail onshore windsI’ll fly a kite/ballon up high when away made of flexi solar panels, like NASA use and get home from a charge from that.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

It'll be a sad day when I have to ditch the diesel car for an electric one, but I won't be worrying about peak demands for electricity curtailing my charging needs - I'll have a diesel generator running to generate my own leccy Problem solved
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Some of the latest thinking, and inovation on Battery technology!

https://www.pocket-lint.com/gadgets/...r-over-the-air
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    battery tech is improving all time and a new lithium/oxygen version has been made to work, so that tech will no doubt get followed up now more vigorously.
    10 years from now we might not recognise the tech; or of course it might just be all smoke and mirrors from the politicians, which is actually quite likely
    I fear that for once the politicians aren't actually trying to cheat. They are just completely ignorant, which perhaps doesn't excuse them.

There are actually two (at least two) things to consider in the argument re electric cars: clean technology and CO2 emissions. I think there is little doubt that at the point of use, electric vehicles are and will be, cleaner than petrol or diesel cars, so they are to be welcomed in that regard, particularly in cities. However, if the intention is to "save the planet" and reduce CO2 emissions, then in the short to medium term at least, that is questionable.

Electric cars seem like a good idea, and indeed we have ordered one. However, the energy demand for in the UK is based on several components. Domestic heating in the winter is a major issue, though domestic use can be met by burning fuels directly in homes, or by electricity - with fuel burnt elsewhere. Unless so-called renewable sources of energy are used to generate electricity, using electricity for heating simply moves the location at which carbon based fuels are burnt away from sight.

Another factor in the battle to reduce fossil fuel usage is whether sustainability is absolute, or seasonal. Burning wood, for example, might be seasonably sustainable, as trees could be planted to replace those burnt. This only makes sense in less densely populated rural areas, for several reasons:
    burning wood is polluting, and there would not be enough trees or wood to supply the demand in the UK.

What would make a difference re cars and overall CO2 reduction would be if more people bought and used cars with good mpg figures. These would still pollute and release CO2, but to a lesser extent. However, who is going to deliberately not buy a SUV, or a high powered sports car with consumption figures perhaps around 30 mpg, in comparison with a vehicle which might average 60+ mpg, but is considered boring by the motoring press, or otherwise unfashionable by others?
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    This 'need' for electric cars is about control, they will be able to switch off any or all electric vehicles on a whim. I gather that's possible now. Any unrest and they just turn your area off.
    I don't think that's going to be a good idea. "They" can stop fuel deliveries now, but I remember a time about two decades back when fuel supplies were low across the UK. That was considered a major threat at the time - you know, possible civil unrest, army called out etc. So it doesn't really make that much difference whether the energy comes from fuel or electricity, supplies can still be manipulated, but governments don't really want to do that - at least in this country. There are some really bad governments in the world which might.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast