+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from Vectis (via Sark, Wandsworth, Guildford, Bracknell, Colnbroook)

I'm Mike.

Cool Greetings from Vectis (via Sark, Wandsworth, Guildford, Bracknell, Colnbroook)

Hallo, I found this site while searching for spare shelves for the Stands Unique I just Ebayed. Interesting. As advised, here's my Welcome thread.

As long as I can remember, I've been interested in hi-fi. Back in the '70s, my first holiday job earned me a Goldring Lenco GL101 (the entry-level belt drive - as opposed to the Garrard SP25 Mk III and IV idler drive). My first speakers were KEF K2 Duettes rescued from the TV studios where my Dad worked (thanks Jeff, the sound engineer) which led to a train journey to Tovil to get replacement/exchange B139 bass and T27 tweeter.

Some decades later, I am now (thanks mainly to a very generous better half) running a Linn Sondek LP12/Basik Plus/K9, NAD 613 cassette deck / Meridian 596 DVD/CD, 551 integrated amp, 504 FM Tuner, A500 speakers. This works with my Sony TV / Humax FVP-5000 STB and JRiver MC26 PC-based streaming stuff. Just bought a s/h 555 power amp. That prompted a bunch of servicing. 504/555 away for service/recap. When they're back, the 551 will go the same route. The LP12 is away for service/Cirkus/Hercules II.

In addition, I still have a pair of Wharfedale DD1s plus Sennheiser HD265s, Meridian Explorer, Bose QC-30 (for the gym ) and Sony WH-1000XM3 (for travelling). Still not sure what to get for late-night closed-back headphone listening.

Most recent purchase - which led me to sign up here - is a Stands Unique Midi stand for which I need a new shelf!

Cheers,

Mike
    Last edited by Mike_500; 04-02-2020 at 08:14.

I'm Steve.

good morning Mike,

Wharfedale DD1 - wow, that's a blast from the past! I bought a pair from my friend's mother's Kays catalogue in 1975. I think I paid her £1 a week for 20 weeks for them. Loved 'em, but God they were heavy!

Anyway, welcome to the forum,
    Ste
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Rob.

Hi Mike, Wandsworth to Guildford etc..... I went from Battersea to 15 miles south of Guildford many moons ago and worked in and around the Guildford area for some 40 years. I had a Garrard SP25 IV which was my first and much used TT. I probably didn't get the best out of it only having an early Eagle Amp which was said to be 15wpc, but was probably more like 15mw.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Mike,

Is that Sark in the Channel Islands? Visited there once on a day trip from Jersey. What was the audio scene like in Sark?

What are your tastes in music?

A lot of questions - but we're just plain nosy here.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread