+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest Scam !!!!

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Don’t be daft!
    Of course there have been many instances of trust that gets you fucked over, and yes I’ve been on the blunt end a few times...but it’s about having enough belief that not everyone is out to stiff you...
    Fine take your chances but your in for another fall at some point, where as i certainly aint.

Last edited by Made in 1968; 01-02-2020 at 20:11. Reason: Spelling

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Fine take your chances but your in for another fall as some point, where as i certainly aint.

I hear you, but I don’t want to live Life like that
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    £10 is £10. People graft for an hour for £10 for some git to get it free gratis.. Im sorry but there is way too many of this kind of people knocking about, vastly overshadows honest people hence you can trust no one & that is exactly what i do.
    Yeah I make about that. But that's not the point. And he didn't get it for nothing, he has to go out knocking on doors and doing his bullshit. Crime is work just like any other work. Okay so he could make a hundred an hour, but it's a lot of walking and knocking and bullshitting, and being told to piss off. Plus the outside chance of being nicked. Rather do my job than that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yeah I make about that. But that's not the point. And he didn't get it for nothing, he has to go out knocking on doors and doing his bullshit. Crime is work just like any other work. Okay so he could make a hundred an hour, but it's a lot of walking and knocking and bullshitting, and being told to piss off. Plus the outside chance of being nicked. Rather do my job than that.
    I reckon he feels like a hot meat stroker at the end of the day though!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Trust is always relative - if the bloke had asked Al for a borrow of £200 instead of a tenner would Al have given him it? I know I wouldn't. But a tenner is about right amount that anyone decent would take a chance and hand it over. He never comes back it's not that big a hit.

Of course mr con man knows this so he doesn't go for the big money.
    Yes, but did he do all the neighbours in the street? With a hit rate of 50% and 20-30 houses to visit, he could make £100-£150 per hour. If it was a “one off” to buy a beer or some fags you’d probably never know.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Just open the door running a big carving knife up and down an oil stone, they tend to go a bit quiet then. No law against it of course, after all, you were disturbed during food preparation.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

I would either not open the door, or if opened simply say, sorry I have nothing,

The approach of anyone door-knocking outright asking for money we know is quite wrong - so should not be entertained at all.
    It is human to have compassion but the approach of door -knocking is wrong, and the person at your door knows this full well.

A dog if you have one can be a very good judge of character, My dog instantly makes a decision ,invariably the right one, and will stay
    at the door if it is someone who should deserve being greeted. If its someone he does not know he will run to me first - to warn

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    I would either not open the door, or if opened simply say, sorry I have nothing,

The approach of anyone door-knocking outright asking for money we know is quite wrong - so should not be entertained at all.
    It is human to have compassion but the approach of door -knocking is wrong, and the person at your door knows this full well.

A dog if you have one can be a very good judge of character, My dog instantly makes a decision ,invariably the right one, and will stay
    at the door if it is someone who should deserve being greeted. If its someone he does not know he will run to me first - to warn
    I'm one of those who are always ready to trust - occasionally it may lead to you being had over, but in order to prevent this I'd have to stop trusting folk, and I really wouldn't want to live like that. Anita is the polar opposite, viewing the world around her and everyone in it with suspicion. Between the two of us we make one reasonably competent and functioning human being - just
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Andre.

See my wife is the total opposite to me, She trusts everyone & does indeed get worked over, which always ends in tears, i do warn her but the same always happens.

I understand that a lot of people dont want to go thru life not trusting people but mine is out of experiences i have no intention happening again Cant help it i just learn easily.. An ex wife i put all my trust in took me for everything & that was no stranger..

People that get shit on from a great height that go do it all again are a little bit like say someone being involved in a serious car crash, fighting for life to recover & go get in a car once again..

Once bitten, twice shy with me

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Al - you should have asked where 'down the road does he live', and what is his house number. Now that he has been paid (according to his sob story), why not go round to his house and ask for your money back?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast