+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ubuntu Studio 10.04

I'm Steve.

Default Ubuntu Studio 10.04

For those of you into making music on the PC (not me!) or for those into photo/ graphics (still not me!) I thought you may be interested in the latest version of Ubuntu Studio, the 'professional audio / video' version of vanilla Ubuntu.

It sports LOTS of aditional applications specifically for those intersted in music creation / mixing and or video / image processing. I have used Ubuntu before and found it to be rock solid, but it does a little time to get used to.

Anyway, here is a link to the apps included...

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ub...o/Applications

and here is a link to the download area (you can use a torrent)

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustud...10.04/release/

and a nice sreenshot...or two...

I hope someone finds this useful.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm seldomaroundnow.

I did
    Simon.

I'm John.

I would love to ditch Windows and Mac.
    I’ve got Ubuntu as dual boot on my PC in the hope that I’ll learn to use it but it just isn’t happening
    Trying to find a guide to getting bit perfect audio via USB in Linux is a miserable nightmare just because the Linux guys don’t talk in plain English. If your not already a Linux user the jargon and “Linux in club” attitude just puts the average computer halfwit like myself off.
    Linux, great idea, maybe a great system, but while the geeks are responsible for its promotion and explanation it isn’t going to catch on.
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Chris.

Love those VU meters

I want those as a plugin for foobar
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    I would love to ditch Windows and Mac.
    I’ve got Ubuntu as dual boot on my PC in the hope that I’ll learn to use it but it just isn’t happening
    Trying to find a guide to getting bit perfect audio via USB in Linux is a miserable nightmare just because the Linux guys don’t talk in plain English. If your not already a Linux user the jargon and “Linux in club” attitude just puts the average computer halfwit like myself off.
    Linux, great idea, maybe a great system, but while the geeks are responsible for its promotion and explanation it isn’t going to catch on.
    I'll try if you get a problem. I'm not a 100% "under the bonnet" Linux professor, but I've used it regularly as my desktop for 2 years now after an awful experience with Windows Vista. If I can help, I will. Just PM me on here.

PLEASE CALL ME GREZ!

Manticore Mantra TT circa 1986 c/w Linn Basik+ Arm and Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge; Cyrus CD8SE CD player 2009; Onix OA-21 amplifier circa 1985; Celestion DL4 speakers, 1985; Apollo Speaker Stands 1987; Sound Organisation Rack 1992.

I'm John.

That’s very kind of you Grez. I may take you up on your offer if and when I get the time and patience to spend some time experimenting. Thank you very much
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    That’s very kind of you Grez. I may take you up on your offer if and when I get the time and patience to spend some time experimenting. Thank you very much
    No problem. I got this computer a fortnight ago, and there's no Windows on it whatsoever now, and I find Ubuntu to work well in the main for what I do.

Enjoy it!
    PLEASE CALL ME GREZ!

Manticore Mantra TT circa 1986 c/w Linn Basik+ Arm and Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge; Cyrus CD8SE CD player 2009; Onix OA-21 amplifier circa 1985; Celestion DL4 speakers, 1985; Apollo Speaker Stands 1987; Sound Organisation Rack 1992.

+ Reply to Thread