+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Won a Revox PR99 Mk3

I'm Alan.

Well it lives and sounds superb with a tape I made on my studer A810

I bought this machine sold for parts not working, it was an ex BBC machine and is covered in cutting marks, when I got it home it was obvious that this machine had also been dropped by the dents in the outer casing and internally the transformer mounting was distorted and boards were dislodged. the Rifa caps had been smoking and a fuse had gone and a bridge rectifier was short.
    So I rebuilt the power supply, capstan motor and tape drive control board, straighten up the outer casing and transformer with a little panel beating.
    Switched it on and it worked, FF & RW were slow so I changed all 3 motor run caps and its fine now.
    So far I have recapped the playback and output and locator board's.
    Still have the Input, record and oscillator board to overall.
    If anyone has a good lower front panel for a PR99 Mk3 I would be interested in buying it.
    This is a keeper and great sounding machine

Revox PR-99 mk3 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Andre.

Very Nice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12