+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Dac for Capella?

I'm Greg.

Default What Dac for Capella?

Hi there,
    I'm currently riding the Beresford Capella with the Cambridge audio Dac 100 and the Denon Ah D7200 headphones.
    I'm not really dissatisfied or something with the combination, but I still wanted to hear what Dac works well with the Capella?
    I struggle to test a topping Dx3 Pro, or a Fostex Hp A8. I also tested a Fostex Hp A3 here with the Burson Vivid Opa, but it discolored me too much when it run with the Capella.
    The Cambridge where I have is not necessarily bad, sometimes I wish that it could perhaps be a little clearer in mid range maybe even a little bit deeper. I'm also very satisfied with the Capella itself, and I don't think that's because then at most on the settings that are only marginally helpful. I would be happy if you can advise or recommend something to me, possibly where remains on the warm British side.
    Thanks in advance

Ps Oh yes I forgot to mention the Dorado Mk 1 which is coupled to the Capella.

I'm Alastair.

The obvious one to try with the Capella is the Caiman SEG with Dorado and Superclock upgrades. Stan allows returns if you don't like it. I used a Capella for a while as a preamp but, compared to a passive preamp, it had a veil over the sound so I sold it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Greg.

Thank you for your answer.
    So currently I have the Topping Dx3 Pro, the newer Cambridge Dac magic and the Beresford Caimen Seg in mind. I would actually be a pure Dac without headphone support. I prefer a separate system, only there I did not find too much. Because I am not sure if my capella might still have potential up there.I would like to leave that open or rather prefer it.
    Unfortunately I do not know how to recognize this, I would have to ask Stan in a separate email if I can,when i have time.

+ Reply to Thread