+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare Monitor Audio..

I'm Dries.

Default Rare Monitor Audio..

Hello,

I'm testing this Monitor Audio but can't seem to find any info about it.. It's a sibling of the ma84 or the ma66??

Would be great if someone knows some more about these speakers.

They're a good sounding pair; ideal for vocals, jazz, classical music. The bass can become a little wobbly with heavy bass music or complex rythmns. Soundstage is ok and actually on par with my kef ls50's..

I included some pictures.. There's no serial or reference to be found.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Lawrence.

I thought I'd seen most of them but I've never seen those ones. Is that hole in the bottom just part of a stand section or is there some sort of port at the bottom of the main cabinet?

I'm Dries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I thought I'd seen most of them but I've never seen those ones. Is that hole in the bottom just part of a stand section or is there some sort of port at the bottom of the main cabinet?
    It's part of the stand and there is no port to the main cabinet, only some foam on the bottom.

I'm Andre.

Like the old 'MA2'

I'm Mike.

I've got a pair of Monitor Audio PMC 705's, like you i couldn't find any info about them anywhere, luckily the company i work for buy from Monitor Audio so i sent them an email and they sent me back not only a full spec sheet but also the brochure. I know MA speakers aren't to every ones taste but in my room they sound very nice indeed.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    I've got a pair of Monitor Audio PMC 705's, like you i couldn't find any info about them anywhere, luckily the company i work for buy from Monitor Audio so i sent them an email and they sent me back not only a full spec sheet but also the brochure. I know MA speakers aren't to every ones taste but in my room they sound very nice indeed.

I had a pair of 352s in the late eighties, loved them, and then I "upgraded" to B&W dm603s. Gained some deeper bass but somehow lost a lot of the music
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Andre.

I had R352 with a Mission Cyrus Two amp. melted my eardrums

I'm Martyn.

I love my MA 700Gold, they may lack in ultimate bass range but such a sweet musical tone in a small unit.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

I'm Andre.

I liked most the early MA models up to & including the 'MA-6' ,, I really did like the R152' Cos ABR units Rock my world

https://www.ukaudiomart.com/details/...mages/2193402/

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    I had R352 with a Mission Cyrus Two amp. melted my eardrums

I remember reading the 352 MDs could sound a bit sharp, mine weren't the metal dome ones, and with my Cyrus One and LP12/Grace/MP11 Boron weren't fatiguing at all. But my ears worked better in those days, no tinitus
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast