+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Belgium

I'm Dries.

Default Hello from Belgium

Hello,

I'm here to learn some more about vintage speakers and well.. hifi related insight..

My system (for now) is built around a McIntosh 5200 integrated and a clearaudio record player.

nice to meet y'all!

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Dries. Welcome to AOS.

Vintage speakers and other equipment are popular here. You could start a thread in the Past Masters section and ask any questions you may have.

Join in the chat, everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Greetings from Brussels, from where I live, very near the Warandepark and the political centers of decision. Decision? Well...perhaps, perhaps, perhaps!
    My amp/tuner/CD-player are modern, relatively moderate-priced Onkyo stuff, less than 3 years old.
    The turntable a Technics SL-1710 from 1978 or so, with a new Audio-Technica AT-VM95ML cartridge, a Christmas present from my two adult kids. It's good.
    The speakers are 1970's Bower & Wilkins DM2a, one of which has a dead Celestion mid-tweeter, which tweeter I will soon replace by one I have in stock.
    These old speakers are keepers. I don't have the money to buy anything new, anyway, pensioned etc...
    I used to live in Antwerp, Rijnkaai and Paleisstraat, worked in "de maritiem" all my life (& liked it!)
    Living alone, I listen to music most of the day, the Radio 1 bla-blaah, but also the classical stations Klara & the French classical "Trois". Excellent stuff.
    Just bought a James Brown CD...my tastes are ... varied.
    All the best, Dries!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Dries.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread