+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD: Decent Ethernet cable

I'm Lawrence.

Default WTD: Decent Ethernet cable

It seems that if I want to start streaming I need a better cable than the basic grey computer one I use. Has anyone got anything, or any recommendations?

Nothing crazy priced please just a decent upgrade like my chord USB cable that was about £25.

I'm Grant.

Duronic Black Network Cable 5m CAT7 Specification FTP Ethernet Gigabit LAN Network Cable (RJ45) Gold Headed Shielded Cable - High Speed 600MHz Premium Quality Cat7 | Patch | Ethernet | Modem | Router https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018KH7O..._A5IlEbYBPVSPP
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Using Chord C Series stuff, you can get them used on flea bay

https://www.chord.co.uk/product-cate...nges/c-series/

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Using Chord C Series stuff, you can get them used on flea bay

https://www.chord.co.uk/product-cate...nges/c-series/
    Cheers that's the same as my USB but I can't see am Ethernet cable in the link. I'll look on eBay anyway.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Duronic Black Network Cable 5m CAT7 Specification FTP Ethernet Gigabit LAN Network Cable (RJ45) Gold Headed Shielded Cable - High Speed 600MHz Premium Quality Cat7 | Patch | Ethernet | Modem | Router https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018KH7O..._A5IlEbYBPVSPP
    Cheers Grant that's my sort of price

Now I need to think what length I need, I hadn't thought of that. I imagine the shorter the better...

I'm Grant.

Within reason length isn't important.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jules.

It looks like 2m or 3m both cost only a fiver. I'd always have the extra for free!

I'm Steven.

You are better off with CAT 6a for audio. Blue Jeans Cable, arrives in a few days, uses Belden bonded pair conductors and the connections are properly tested with a test report. Three cables cost me just under $50 delivered.
    http://www.bluejeanscable.co.uk/stor...bles/index.htm
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    It looks like 2m or 3m both cost only a fiver. I'd always have the extra for free!
    On the assumption that cables generally have a deleterious effect, and we are trying to minimise that by paying more for a better one, doesn't it also follow that shorter is better?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    You are better off with CAT 6a for audio. Blue Jeans Cable, arrives in a few days, uses Belden bonded pair conductors and the connections are properly tested with a test report. Three cables cost me just under $50 delivered.
    http://www.bluejeanscable.co.uk/stor...bles/index.htm
    I like the look of those but are they screened like Grant's?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast