+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manticore Mantra Turntable with Upgraded Rega Arm - Boxed

I'm Russell.

Default Manticore Mantra Turntable with Upgraded Rega Arm - Boxed

Now I have my LP 12, I have to move on some of my other TT’s so this time it’s the turn of this wonderful Manticore Mantra.

Excellent condition, with just a couple of marks top left, just behind the platter (tried to show in one of the images). These can’t be seen from the front. Lid (original, Black) and hinges are in great shape with just the odd mark.

Has the Glass platter and as this is a MkI, it has the better ball bearing sub platter. Comes with felt mat and new belt with around 10hrs use only.

It has the Manticore branded RB250 arm which I upgraded with Isokinetic counterweight and stub. I also added a low hours Nagaoka MP11 Boron Cartridge so it’s now really singing (I also used a spacer to lift the arm to the correct height for Nagaoka cartridges).

I picked this up from a member of this forum a few months back who had it a few years and really looked after it. Unusually, this one comes in its original box and packaging.

Due to issues before posting TT’s I’d really prefer pick up from Cambridgeshire or I can deliver between there and Northampton as I work there most days. Alternatively I’m happy to pack up to allow you to arrange your own carrier on the strict understanding this will be at your cost and responsibility.

Looking for £195 which is a billy bargain given the upgrades to the arm alone - it’s low your getting the TT free with the purchase of arm & cartridge!!!

I'm Andre.

You keeping the LP12 & selling that! Anyway, i bought one of those new at the time, mine had a green power press button, The plinths were made by Castle Acoustics.. Loverly bounce to the deck.

Good Luck. Ill expect this gone by tomorrow.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    You keeping the LP12 & selling that! Anyway, i bought one of those new at the time, mine had a green power press button, The plinths were made by Castle Acoustics.. Loverly bounce to the deck.

Good Luck. Ill expect this gone by tomorrow.
    Cheers but the LP12 has the Lingo supply which edges it over this for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

This is now sold thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andre.

Told ya lol. Man that was cheap. Metal Body MP11 Boron fetch a bit on their own..

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default Manticore Mantra Turntable with Upgraded Rega Arm - Boxed

Really glad I didn’t see this in time or I would have bought another turntable I don’t need - always wanted one though. Congrats on the sale and to whoever snapped this up - I’m also a massive Nagaoka fan so that was the icing on the cake!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread