+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For sale / Swop: SME V tonearm

I'm Peter.

Default For sale / Swap: SME V tonearm

SME V tonearm for sale with original manual (+ extra photo copied copy) and silver tonearm cable (see photo). No box, no finger lift. I will supply a new VTA screw, a new HTA key, a new plastic bush and alignment protractor and a new mounting template for easy set-up of the arm.

The arm is used but in good condition with a slight mark on the arm from the arm rest.

The reason for sale/swap is that I want to fund a Paradise build. I am not at all dissatisfied with it. If it does not sell, I will keep it and go for a less expensive phono stage or mc head amp.

I will ship this arm to the UK for £2000.

Swap items of interest with cash my way (9"/10"/10.5"/12" welcome)
    - Audiomods 6 tonearm
    - Audio Origami PU7 tonearm
    - Moerch UP4 / Moerch DP6 tonearm
    - Nottingham Analogue Ace Anna
    - The Funk Firm FX3 or FXR
    - Brinkmann 10.5
    - Kuzma Stogi S 12" VTA
    - SME 309 / SME M2-9 ... / SME IV.vi

Better photos later.

Last edited by Rosewind; 26-01-2020 at 16:21.
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Peter.

I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Peter.

£2000.

Swap items of interest with cash my way (9"/10"/10.5"/12" welcome)
    - Audiomods 6 tonearm
    - Audio Origami PU7 tonearm
    - Moerch UP4 / Moerch DP6 tonearm
    - Nottingham Analogue Ace Anna
    - The Funk Firm FX3 or FXR
    - Brinkmann 10.5
    - Kuzma Stogi S 12" VTA
    - SME 309 / SME M2-9 ... / SME IV.vi

I'm Nari.

How old is the arm? what's the wiring inside, was the arm ever serviced I noticed there is a slight blemish on the screen on the V on the tube how noticeable is this. Do how old the arm is?
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Peter.

There is a slight mark from where the armrest grips the arm. I will have to take the arm off to see the seriel number. Then I will call SME tomorrow to enquire sbout age and service history. Other than that the arm neeeds a deep "dusting" while I have removed it from the turntable.

I'm Nari.

There also appears some lettering has rubbed off probably needs a service but is still a good price considering
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Peter.

Serial number (57608) and two shots of lettering + the slight mark left from the armrest grip. I will call SME to hear about the details of the arm.

I'm John.

The mark on the arm from the arm rest is usual for the arm and is nowt to worry about. It's shows the arm has been used that is all. Good luck with the sale/swap.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Nari.

Yes the mark on the arm rest is usual, the rubbing off on the V sometimes happens too, with a full service sme usually replace the arm tube in any case.

I'm Peter.

Nari. You have s nice collection of turntables and arms already, I see! Not to mention the rest of your kit!
    The arm doesn't look and feel all that used, but that may just come down to its build quality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast