+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sonos Play 5, First Gen

I'm Simon.

Default Sonos Play 5, First Gen

Sonos play 5, black, first generation, in excellent condition and perfect working order, boxed with power lead and booklet.
    £165

I'm glenn.

Is this one of the models that Sonos will no longer release new uosates for after may?

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    Is this one of the models that Sonos will no longer release new uosates for after may?
    Now I wonder why you think you need to comment other than to knacker my fs post! Prat..
    No updates after may apparently, the speaker will work as it should

I'm glenn.

I asked the question as i was interested in buying the speaker, I was aware of some of the sonos stuff not being supported but did not know if this was one of them.

Thanks for answering my query

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudsonuk View Post
    Now I wonder why you think you need to comment other than to knacker my fs post! Prat..
    dont call members a prat.. thats not on... it was a question, not anything else that i know of
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Pratt's a bit much, surely a valid question if it might not work as it should in a few months?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Barry.

On all levels, not the AoS way mate.
    ..all the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff...

Frank Zappa

I'm stuart.

Since the OP hasn't fully answered whether it'll work or not:

It will continue to work after May but there will be no new updates. If you plan to use this with newer Sonos products then you will not be able to update the newer products either.
    Alternatively, you can isolate the older, affected devices and run them separate to your newer speakers - ie. run two independently connected zones in your home rather than one. The older devices connected to each other in one, the unaffected devices as another. That way, your newer devices will get the latest updates.
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

+ Reply to Thread