Quote Originally Posted by Clint H View Post
Just posting this as there are some good guys still out there. Between late November & December 2019, had 3 deck demo’s at Cheshire Audio in Crewe as Phil (The owner) stocks Notts Analogue & Rega. Demo’s were pre-arranged as I have a Sugden amp & Phil also stocks Sugden. Sugden’s sound better after an hour or so warm up so good to pre book the demo so he can get the suggy heated up some. Listened to 3 Rega decks & 3 Notts decks, was about to place an order for a Ace Spacedeck & was offered the ex demo NAS Hyperspace at a FANTASTIC price complete with Acespace tone arm he had in store. Another demo later & I bought the Hyperspace complete with a new cartridge, one of the most musical decks i’ve heard irrespective of cost, absolutely love it, just so musical.

3/4 days later, Phil brings the Hyperspace over to my house & sets it up. Stays for an album side to make sure everything is sounding right, it is!! I offer him fuel money for popping over & his time to set the deck up, not required thank you.

I ask Phil if he could sell my Rega RP6 on his shops Ebay account as I don’t have one, plus I don’t have a Paypal account. I take my RP6 to his shop a few days later complete with all original packaging etc. The deck went on line 2 or so days later & sold within 4/5 hours. Phil even delivered the RP6 to the buyer as he lived about 10 miles away. New RP6 owner is delighted, i’m delighted as i’ve got the cash minus the ebay/paypal charges, also minus the hassle of setting up an ebay account just to sell my RP6. Phil gets some great feedback on his ebay shop from new RP6 owner too. I’m happy my old deck has a new owner who will look after it, loved that RP6 but the Hyperspace, just on another level, just amazing.

Long may small, conscientious, customer satisfaction led businesses like Cheshire Audio thrive in our internet dominated retail sector. A wave mechanic power supply will be next on the cards for my Hyperspace, guess where I shall be ordering that from.
Clint, that is such good news.