+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Some dealers... phew..!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Of course, saying that I'd much rather have the system I have now doesn't mean I wouldn't alter a few things.

I'd sell my current power amp (Prima Luna Dialogue Premium) and swap out for the monoblocks and swap up the preamp (Prima Luna Prologue 3) for a Dialogue Premium.

I'd also like that Denon CD player that is also an SACD player.

I do have three tickets for Wednesday's Lotto
    If you mean the Denon DVD player that is also an SACD player then I wouldn't bother. I had a 3910 and didn't like it at all. Inoffensive but boring. YMMV!

I'm Shaun.

LOL, yeah, understand what you are saying. I just gave up on Spendor S3/5R2's due to the fact to my ears that they were just so lifeless. Gotta be careful though that dynamic and exciting doesn't result in hard and aggressive.

I'm Andre.

Would you entertain a dealer that seems to know nothing about a product he sells? I just enquired about how many Rack spaces a certain Mixing console takes up, for the dealer to say its not rack mountable. I know full well it is and that the brackets are 100% included with the products..

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Would you entertain a dealer that seems to know nothing about a product he sells? I just enquired about how many Rack spaces a certain Mixing console takes up, for the dealer to say its not rack mountable. I know full well it is and that the brackets are 100% included with the products..
    Andre, you've gotta wonder. Can't be bothered or doesn't have any knowledge of the products..?

Take your pick I guess.

I'm Shaun.

I visited Gear4Music in York the year before last to buy a Tascam 24 track but came away with nothing because basically they had nothing of that sort on display. Given the hype that friends had bestowed on the place I was really disappointed. Another notch on the bedpost for ordering online and saving the fuel. A bit of a bugger though if you want to play before you buy.

I'm Andre.

As a mail order company i always use Gear4music for studio gear, they have always been cheap and excellent service. Didnt know they had shops!

I'm Craig.

Yes Mark, Vickers Hi-Fi. Their attitude seemed to follow their choice of vehicle. Not so Fanthorpes though who just rang to sort out a demo at my home during the second week in Feb.

Fanthorpes though is quite difficult to get to especially when I can only walk using crutches and then only for around eight metres or so.

I'm really looking forward to listening to the KEF R5's
    I remember posting about this company a good few years back, might possibly have been in the Wam it’s so long ago.
    Stayed overnight in York having visited a possible choice of schools for one of my offsprings, and had a day in York, and came across this dealership. At the time I was looking for a quality integrated amp.

Went in, 2 members of staff I recall, they totally ignored this ‘intrusion’ in their shop, give them time I thought, the phone went, one of them answered it, and began his lengthy conversation.

I continued to browse, and continued, and continued, no acknowledgement of my presence at all!

I left, making a mental note to never bother doing business with them if I’m seemingly a pain in the arse to them.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Shane.

Any bad Hi-Fi dealer, deserves brutal negative feedback publish on a live forum.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Eamonn.

Yes Mark, Vickers Hi-Fi. Their attitude seemed to follow their choice of vehicle. Not so Fanthorpes though who just rang to sort out a demo at my home during the second week in Feb.

Fanthorpes though is quite difficult to get to especially when I can only walk using crutches and then only for around eight metres or so.

I'm really looking forward to listening to the KEF R5's
    Fanthorpes are an excellent dealer, dealt with them several times.
    Mac
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm James.

I've recently had a very good online experience with Hyperfi, bought a Bstock Denon soundbar, Bstock in this instance meant the packaging was a bit pants, good coms before I bought, saved £85 over all other dealers and great coms after I got it and was stuck with TV settings for ARC connection, Bobby dazzler
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast