+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets all do a bit of belly aching

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I wonder about travelling on any sort of public transport and the inherent problem of contracting any bugs, germs, infections etc. that may be around?

What is the cost to Companies from days off work by employees through transmitted coughs, colds, influenza etc.

Then there may be the on cost to the NHS.

I refrain from any sort of public transport, do I think it’s below me....probably, do I think in the past when circumstances forced me to did I find it was overcrowded, dirty and smelly.......yes!

I have a friend who works on buses in the West Midlands and the stories he tells of finding people urinating and doing other bodily functions on the bus seats scares the hell out of me thinking what could be contracted. I’m sure it’s not area limited. Stabbings and assaults are commonplace.

I’ll sit in my controlled safe space travelling where and when I want through filtered, air conditioned bliss.

Gary
    I suspect you refrain from using a public toilet as well!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Anita used to drive for Stagecoach, did it for about 5 years. As her spouse I got to travel for free, and in all that time I used took the bus exactly once. I have never encountered such a concentration of not-rights outside of a Sports Direct or Bright House store - the language was atrocious, especially the blokes, and the whole bus stank of weed. I felt like I was on a day drip to a recording for the Jeremy Kyle Show.

Of course this makes me a snob, but if a thick northern pleb like me finds bus travel to be beneath him, just shows how bad buses have got Imagine what it must be like dealing with this every day for a living, I amazed Mrs. P lasted 5 years

Anyway most local journeys made by car can be done quicker than I can walk to the nearest bus stop, so no brainer really.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I suspect you refrain from using a public toilet as well!
    Does such a thing exist????

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I have never encountered such a concentration of not-rights outside of a Sports Direct or Bright House store - the language was atrocious, especially the blokes, and the whole bus stank of weed. I felt like I was on a day drip to a recording for the Jeremy Kyle Show.

Of course this makes me a snob, but if a thick northern pleb like me finds bus travel to be beneath him, just shows how bad buses have got..
    Lol... Is it really that bad in buses where you are? Last time I was on one (an Arriva bus from Wrexham to Chester) it was spotlessly clean, well lit, had sockets to plug in laptops, etc, and free Wi-Fi, much like trains, and pretty comfortable - and the people on them were either listening to music on their earbuds, on their phones, or just sitting in silence minding their own business.

What you're describing must be a Chorley thing - there are some foul-mouthed, mucky pups up there!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Does such a thing exist????

Gary
    They've diminished in numbers now, but still dotted around for men of a certain persuasion to indulge in the hobby of 'cottaging':

If you're interested, I believe that Piggurs has the map of all current locations, and a nice raincoat you can borrow

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andre.

Same here Marco, our busses are spotless with USB connection behind the seats & free Wi-Fi too.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

No complaints here either. I readily use buses both locally and in London. They are clean and frequent (and for me free); as are the trains on the London Underground and Overground.

I use the local buses because parking is a pain in town, apart from the larger supermarkets.
    Barry

I'm Andre.

Too many cars on the the Road, im all for big hike on Car Taxes & More double yellows + Pay parking in every conceivable place possible with giant naughty parking fines.. But care must be taken as big shopping complexes have free parking which can effect small town shopping.

I'm Gary.

Thinking about car parking in hospitals, we now have to pay for being ill. I know they have special rates and exceptions, it’s the principle I disagree with.

Hospitals seem to be unsure of whether they either outsource this and make no money or they couldn’t continue without the added funds it generates.

If this is the scenario they want to be in then why should our blood be free? Should it not be as in other countries, and have to be paid for? The rarer the blood type the more money per pint.

I understand that blood donation is a good thing, but surely it should be quid pro quo.

When my son (who has a rare blood type) arrived 10 minutes late for his regular donation they told him he was too late and they turned him away. Needless to say he doesn’t give blood anymore!

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Jo.

Default >>>>

Car, bus, or horse, Raleigh Chopper, Spacehopper, or Shanks's pony....as the free man pleases so he shogs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast