+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets all do a bit of belly aching

I'm Andre.

Default Lets all do a bit of belly aching

Can i use this as a moaning section, cos certain members like to do just that about things i need to get off my chest elsewhere. I should technically be immune to those people

I'm Andre.

People that refuse to use buses.. Now i know that inner city transport can be a nightmare where outter city are less busy, However the City busses are more than regular.. We have a car but i use the bus a lot even though i spend as much on fares each week as i do on petrol!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

What about if you just prefer driving? It's not a case of refusing to use buses, simply a preference. Plus, it depends on where you're going and how good the return service might be in outlying areas, if going by bus!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Buses & trains are free for me (60+ Oyster) so using public transport to head into London is a no brainer.

Cousin's down from Scotland for a few days & we have a boozy itinerary planned so I'll use the oyster card for local trains/buses (pub crawl round Brentwood tomorrow, starting at the Brewery Tap about midday if anyone's in the area )

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What about if you just prefer driving? It's not a case of refusing to use buses, simply a preference. Plus, it depends on where you're going and how good the return service might be in outlying areas, if going by bus!

Marco.
    I think a lot is its a bit below them to take a bus.. Same goes for taking the child to school but live a stones throw away.. I know at least three people on our road that do just that.

What ever no one seems to be wanting to do the enviroment any good..

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    However the City busses are more than regular..
    Not round here and that plus the traffic congestion means it's quicker to walk.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

I wonder about travelling on any sort of public transport and the inherent problem of contracting any bugs, germs, infections etc. that may be around?

What is the cost to Companies from days off work by employees through transmitted coughs, colds, influenza etc.

Then there may be the on cost to the NHS.

I refrain from any sort of public transport, do I think it’s below me....probably, do I think in the past when circumstances forced me to did I find it was overcrowded, dirty and smelly.......yes!

I have a friend who works on buses in the West Midlands and the stories he tells of finding people urinating and doing other bodily functions on the bus seats scares the hell out of me thinking what could be contracted. I’m sure it’s not area limited. Stabbings and assaults are commonplace.

I’ll sit in my controlled safe space travelling where and when I want through filtered, air conditioned bliss.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I think a lot is its a bit below them to take a bus.. Same goes for taking the child to school but live a stones throw away.. I know at least three people on our road that do just that.

What ever no one seems to be wanting to do the enviroment any good..
    Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I've nothing against buses. I just prefer cars, and I like being able to come and go as I please without relying on timetables. The environment point is relevant though, but these days I hardly use the car. Del can walk to her work and I do no more than about 30 miles a week

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robert.

If here's the place to belly ache ........ people who put their feet on the seats on the train. I've seen dirty feet firmly planted, wet feet on a soggy rainy day, you name it, does my head in.

No wonder when you board the train the seats are dusty and mucky - inconsiderate, selfish and shows a distinct lack of social skills / breeding
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Mike.

People that refuse to use buses.. Now i know that inner city transport can be a nightmare where outter city are less busy, However the City busses are more than regular.. We have a car but i use the bus a lot even though i spend as much on fares each week as i do on petrol!
    Women using buses, cos they wait until they get on to find their change. Drivers who wait at some stops, slow drivers, God I hate them, in fact I hate the bus, and only use it when it rains, otherwise I walk everywhere locally with my pooch.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast