+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Products

I'm Andre.

Default Products

Does it not bug people when companies continue to use a certain model number on a totally different design from the originals? or using a model years down the line that they have already used before.. I also get irritated my Mk.1, Mk.II etc Build something right in the first place & leave alone. If they feel an improvement is to be had later on build something new.

While were are at it.People that put bookshelf speakers on stands.

Can i just say im not purposely being a rebel with these kind of posts that people seem to think i am but the above is just a general irritation with me as other things are..

I'm Martin.

Yes to the first bit. Got nothing against speakers on stands though. For me I don't like the names for things. Every bit of klt should just be a designation like XA065. And the names get lamer every year.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The term ‘bookshelf’, with regard to speakers, suggests their size more than their intended position - they should go on stands (and in many cases not even near a wall never mind on a bookshelf). My Yamaha NS-1000Ms we’re described as being ‘bookshelf’ speakers in their original marketing blurb - you would certainly need a generously sized bookshelf!

I don’t think you are being a rebel (not at all), I think you like complaining for the sake of it.
    22 posts per day, since joining in January must be a record ?

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Andre.

Im a prolific poster that just like posting stuff, always have been. If i cant get something off my chest without agreeing with people for the sake of it somethings wrong.. Too much of that yes man crap on Hi-Fi forums imho
    Last edited by Made in 1968; 22-01-2020 at 19:59.

I'm Adam.

I'm with you on the re-use of model numbers. As an example, there are four different B&O Beogram 3000 turntable models!

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Andre.

Yep & it gets confusing when you are talking about a products for someone to think you are on about the other/others with the same model number..

I'm David.

What happened to the apostrophe?

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Does it not bug people when companies continue to use a certain model number on a totally different design from the originals? or using a model years down the line that they have already used before.. I also get irritated my Mk.1, Mk.II etc Build something right in the first place & leave alone. If they feel an improvement is to be had later on build something new.

While were are at it.People that put bookshelf speakers on stands.

Can i just say im not purposely being a rebel with these kind of posts that people seem to think i am but the above is just a general irritation with me as other things are..
    Yes to your first question, if nothing else it will lead to confusion. repeated model number use later on I have not come across, unless perhaps decades later and done for reminiscence reasons.
    I see nothing wrong with MK1 and Mk2 etc., because these imply an insubstantial redesign, and improved model based on the original.

I cannot stand standmounts because they pretend to not use up much space, whilst in fact using as much as a floorstander. I suggested to ATC that their use of a 1 cubic foot stand under their hundreds was silly, asking what the space could be used for, perhaps the cat could sleep under it.
    It could be used for a better bass alignment with no loss of room space.

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Im a prolific poster that just like posting stuff, always have been. If i cant get something off my chest without agreeing with people for the sake of it somethings wrong.. Too much of that yes man crap on Hi-Fi forums imho
    Too much yes-yes stuff everywhere especially with the pressure of political correctness stifling the expression of truth.

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes to the first bit. Got nothing against speakers on stands though. For me I don't like the names for things. Every bit of klt should just be a designation like XA065. And the names get lamer every year.
    Names on cars really piss me off, WTF is going on in people's heads that these sell cars?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast