+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any unusual projects in the pipeline?

I'm Andre.

Default Any unusual projects in the pipeline?

Anyone?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Nothing really, apart from a listening test of a group of balanced-line interconnects I made.
    Barry

I'm Andre.

Im working on a Copy of the Carmen Twiggy Mannequin Head for my Headphones.. I wont have Carmen on mine when its done & it will be done in Epoxy casting resin finished in matt white instead of the original Polystyrene.. The face is already down at the graphic company being printed.. Late 60s' Circa.. Every women had Carmen heated Hair curlers back then.

See attached an original

I'm Shane.

Looks cute, but in a creepy kind of way.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Dennis.

Yes, a much postponed construction of a cast alloy box containing a stereo PPM, using an original Earnest Turner stereo movement with green and red needles. It was kindly given to me a few years ago by Mr Nelson Jones, complete with his own designed driver circuit boards, and the movement alone is worth about £500.

It will go in the back bedroom with mics. and headphones for monitoring of the mic. levels being recorded in the lounge downstairs on the studio, using level sensing recording starting..

I'm Geoff.

My slowly moving current project. What was a pair of empty Tannoy Dorset cabinets.

The rough and chipped veneered finish is now restored and the ABR opening has been closed and braced and suitable ports found, but not bonded in yet, as I have to experiment with the tuning.

Drivers etc., will be pinched from my Ascots and converted to SRM 10B spec with replacement parts, which I have already sourced. The crossovers will be revamped too and grilles made.

Still a way to go yet! There ain't gonna be another pair of Tannoys like these about !!

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andre.

O Geoff The 'Dorset' & 'Mayfair' were the only two Commercial Tannoys i like due to the ABR's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    O Geoff The 'Dorset' & 'Mayfair' were the only two Commercial Tannoys i like due to the ABR's
    The bass will be tighter and better defined ported (I didn't have the ABR's anyway and don't want them ).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Yes, a much postponed construction of a cast alloy box containing a stereo PPM, using an original Earnest Turner stereo movement with green and red needles. It was kindly given to me a few years ago by Mr Nelson Jones, complete with his own designed driver circuit boards, and the movement alone is worth about £500.

It will go in the back bedroom with mics. and headphones for monitoring of the mic. levels being recorded in the lounge downstairs on the studio, using level sensing recording starting..
    Is that two meter movements hosed in one case - like the Modulometer of the Nagra two-channel recorders?
    Barry

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The bass will be tighter and better defined ported (I didn't have the ABR's anyway and don't want them ).
    ABR were Ace Most everyone were doing Models with ABR back in the day

Tannoy
    Monitor Audio
    Kef
    B&O
    Celestion
    Goodmans
    Ram
    Castle
    Wharfdale

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast