+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed: Garrard 401 speed problem

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm a frequent visitor to NW6 and would offer to help, but I fear the taxi fare from SE6 and back might be a bit steep.

However if you are interested let me know.

Barry
    Barry

I'm Karl.

You could send it off to Ray at the classic turntable company for a service. It will come back like brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Martin.

He already said he doesn’t want to do that......

I'm Karl.

Doh! I must have scanned over that bit. I know £300(ish) is lot of money but it will be like it has just come from the factory and good to go for another 30 years or more.

Maybe he could just send it to ray to do the repair and bearing clean which would likely be much cheaper than the full monty ??

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm a frequent visitor to NW6 and would offer to help, but I fear the taxi fare from SE6 and back might be a bit steep.

However if you are interested let me know.

Barry
    Thanks, Barry - that's very kind of you. However, as you say, it'd be quite a journey I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Doh! I must have scanned over that bit. I know £300(ish) is lot of money but it will be like it has just come from the factory and good to go for another 30 years or more.

Maybe he could just send it to ray to do the repair and bearing clean which would likely be much cheaper than the full monty ??
    I had looked at their site but the only thing I could find was a full refurbishment, involving a new paint job etc for £500. Now I notice that they offer a service for £375 but that includes a new platter mat, recutting the strobe and other things which might not be necessary since both of my Garrards are in very good cosmetic condition. However, I'll contact Ray to see if we can work something out - thank you for the suggestion.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRecordLover View Post
    Thanks, Barry - that's very kind of you. However, as you say, it'd be quite a journey I'm afraid.

I had looked at their site but the only thing I could find was a full refurbishment, involving a new paint job etc for £500. Now I notice that they offer a service for £375 but that includes a new platter mat, recutting the strobe and other things which might not be necessary since both of my Garrards are in very good cosmetic condition. However, I'll contact Ray to see if we can work something out - thank you for the suggestion.
    No worries mate. Hes a good egg so will no doubt help you out with what you need. Hope you can get it sorted soon

Cheers

Karl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12