I’ve been the owner of an Audio Technica ATLP5 turntable for the last 16 months and rate it very highly, in conjunction with the Goldring E3 it does in fact get very close to the sound quality of my primary deck a Rega Planar 3 (2016) and ATF7 MC cartridge.
It’s recently come to my attention that the deck has had a recent revamp, now called the ATLP5X. The differences are 4 fold and definitely seem to justify the slight price rise, the turntable PSU is now outboard of the plinth to reduce the possibility of noise and vibration transfer, the deck is now 3 speed with the addition of 78RPM, the cartridge changes from the AT95EX to the new series AT-VM95E and the final improvement is the inbuilt phono stage can now accommodate MC cartridges as well as MM and the USB digital output is also carried over from the old model.
It seems AT have covered all the bases and made a really versatile mid range turntable capable of great sound, AT also do a 78RPM stylus which can be swapped into the VM95 body.
If the quality of the MC stage is as good as the MM stage in my deck I think it makes the deck extremely versatile and a great buy.

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/audio-technica-at-lp5x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk