+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introducing the AJS APTITLIG Serious Audio Isolation Solution

I'm Adrian.

Default Introducing the AJS APTITLIG Serious Audio Isolation Solution

The AJS APTITLIG (Appetizing) Serious Audio Isolation Solution

is the new AJS Audio turntable and hifi component anti-vibration isolation platform.

Guaranteed to sonically improve your HiFi system through its unique and patented design, which has taken years of development and testing by one of the best audio designers there is. Try one and only you will know the difference. The unusual angles of the front side and rear edges of the support platform are specifically designed at a carefully calculated angle to ensure airborne vibrations are reflected and minimise impact on the platform.

The platform itself is manufactured from a specially selected wood constructed in multiple layers designed to stop vibrations across frequency ranges in their tracks.

The specially selected multi layer feet isolate the platform even further from ground borne vibration, and the chemical composition of these has been developed to have the greatest effect.

The isolation board is coated in a hard wearing Black Lacquer, other bespoke colours can be made available at additional cost. Size 45x36 cm

Available to order in Black for the bargain price of £250 plus P&P.

Your system will never sound the same.

A reviewers feedback

"I set it up this morning, put on Gerry Rafferty - City to City and the first thing I noticed was there seemed to be more detail and better separation, and what I can only describe as better bottom end control and definition. After the Baker St. track I popped on my tell-tale Ravi Shankar - Portrait of a Genius LP and the improvements were quite apparent. Tabla drums have better definition, more reality and hollowness, sound stage has opened up and instrument position is very clear. Decay of instruments is much better, for example hand percussion delay, and hanging notes from stringed instruments, the flute hangs in the air.

With a record playing I checked how effective the APTITLIG is by tapping the shelf it sits on quite hard, previously this resulted in quite a loud thump transmitting though to the cartridge and the speakers, with the APTITLIG I would estimate the microphone effect through to the cartridge is reduced by at least as much 75%, so obviously any vibrational feedback previously getting there is now greatly reduced using the APTITLIG.

So to sum up a no brainier audio upgrade for the serious audiophile in my opinion."

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Gary.

Only available from manufacturer, components specially selected from around the globe.

Very dense, but light, bamboo compressed to a specific density.

Feet again in different colours, abrasive on one side to provide positive grip.

Special price for first 10 orders

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Only available from manufacturer, components specially selected from around the globe.

Very dense, but light, bamboo compressed to a specific density.

Feet again in different colours, abrasive on one side to provide positive grip.

Special price for first 10 orders

Gary
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

Can I buy ad-hocsized boards for my Mana ? They need to be a couple of cms bigger.

I'm Geoff.

Is this a serious product? The manufacturer's details are not present and the 'reviewer' not identified.

The 'technical' description does not read like something written by somebody with a true engineering background.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's a bit early for an April Fool joke.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Is this a serious product? The manufacturer's details are not present and the 'reviewer' not identified.

The 'technical' description does not read like something written by somebody with a true engineering background.
    Geoff, you should know me by now. Well actually I doo have an engineering back ground my Dad was a Civil and Structural engineer and he designed the superstructure that supports the new London Bridge and also at least 10 Oil rigs including the biggest North Sea one. I did Engineering Drawing A Level and Applied Maths A Level. I have also engineered many old cars into going faster and safer

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's a bit early for an April Fool joke.
    Hi Barry,

We all need a laugh sometimes.

Well actually it is not completely meant as an April fool or purely as a joke. If anyone really wants me to supply one then I am more than happy to do so, but would think that they might look into what is available themselves first. I thought it was written reasonably tongue in cheek.

The APTITLIG is available from a well known Scandianvian store and the vibration mats are easily attainable on Amazon for the scandalous price of about £18(all in). Its not my idea, I came across it and thought I would try it out. Alternatively there are several isolation platforms from well know HiFi manufacturers along a similar concept that cost about at least 20 times the cost of an APTITLIG and the £18 for the anti-vibration pads.

The review is actually quite serious and is done by myself, a self confessed Audio Freak who is just as able to hear improvements to a system as any HiFi Magazine pundit and also independent, so maybe a bit more reliable.

The point of the post is as per my last comment "So to sum up a no brainier audio upgrade for the serious audiophile in my opinion".

Happy listening.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes, I recognised the Ikea boards and the foam damping feet available from Amazon.

I also recognised the identity of the reviewer from the records used. If a comparative review is done against another isolation platform, I would expect a scoring to two significant figures!
    Barry

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

I didn’t see a heading of “Technical”. Strangely I have a Masters degree in Engineering from MIT Cambridge, USA. Can you define “True Engineering “? Obviously it would only be your opinion. There are many forms of Engineering, imagined being one.

My comments were tongue in cheek, I didn’t understand that humour didn’t have a place here.

I thought Marco said that humour was part of this forum, if he didn’t and it’s out of place, I beg your forgiveness!

I also have qualifications in English Literature and Language some words are used out of context, perhaps lack of knowledge
    of these can make some comments irrelevant.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

+ Reply to Thread