+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just cant do it

I'm James.

Default I just cant do it

I dont currently have room for speakers so I'm confined to a soundbar, qacoustics m4,pretty good to be fair, and headphones, so it's time t sell my usher s520 speakers, I tried a couple of times a while back but maybe was asking too much. Anyhoo after a couple of days ont bay I had some interest and a chap wanted to bring his amp to demo, I just couldn't do it! Even though I cant use them I cant bring myself to sell, is it just me?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Pavel.

I have the same speakers and they're very good for their size and price. Even if I get something better, I would probably keep them for a desktop system or something.

When it comes to selling components, I usually try very hard to avoid it. I still have some old amps that I will probably never use but I can't bring myself to sell them because they would probably sell for peanuts and I don't need the money.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    I have the same speakers and they're very good for their size and price. Even if I get something better, I would probably keep them for a desktop system or something.

When it comes to selling components, I usually try very hard to avoid it. I still have some old amps that I will probably never use but I can't bring myself to sell them because they would probably sell for peanuts and I don't need the money.
    They are very good, I've had them on the end of a quad 306 and cambridge audio 651w and something else that I cant remember, but I dont think I've heard them at their best and I dont think I could part with them until then, and then I probably wouldnt want to get rid anyway! Odd how we get attached to such things
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Deleted.

How do you mean you ‘don’t have room for speakers’? I had speakers when I lived in a bed-sit - are you living in a cupboard under the stairs?
    Account Deleted

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    They are very good, I've had them on the end of a quad 306 and cambridge audio 651w and something else that I cant remember, but I dont think I've heard them at their best and I dont think I could part with them until then, and then I probably wouldnt want to get rid anyway! Odd how we get attached to such things
    I use mine with Meridian 551 but I suspect it doesn't have enough grunt to make them truly sing.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    How do you mean you ‘don’t have room for speakers’? I had speakers when I lived in a bed-sit - are you living in a cupboard under the stairs?
    I dont live alone and having a speaker in front of the fireplace doesn't work for some

I'm Deleted.

Well put it in another position that does work with your other half - anything is better than nothing.
    Account Deleted

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    I use mine with Meridian 551 but I suspect it doesn't have enough grunt to make them truly sing.
    From what I've read ont web, some valve amps, Vincent amps and Nad suit well, lots of current is what they need apparently, anyway I've stored them away again

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Well put it in another position that does work with your other half - anything is better than nothing.
    Just not practical as things stand, I'll get there one day. Using beyerdynamic dt990 pro's at mo ,so I'm getting my fix

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I dont live alone and having a speaker in front of the fireplace doesn't work for some
    What about wall brackets? With small front ported speakers you may find there's not a boom issue.

I had a pair of these for a while by the way. Thought they were really nice.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast