+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floor standing speaker isolation

I'm Andrew.

I have just finished making a stacked pair of KEF 103 Speakers with a pair one on top of the other . I have used the bottom pair as Bass only and the upeer pair as normal Bass and Treble two way . This has been done with MiniDSP DDRC 24 unit acting as the digital crossover , DAC and a DSP unit using Dirac Live 2.0 . Thye are now working but I have two quite large speakers one on top of each other on each side.

Between the two speakers top and bottom I will use blu tac to keep them stable and connected. The issue is what to put between the stack and floor ? In the end I have gone for a mixture of what I can get cheap and what I think will help . I recently had the granite tops in my kitchen replaced at a quite high price , they look great and i was really happy with the cutting and fitting. Chatting to the Stone Yards owner I mentioned that I has considered using a pair of breadboards under the speakers and he has kindly offered to make two matching pieces 40 x 30 CM for me in some off cut granite he has .

They are now ready and I need to go and collect them and then I need to put some nice large spikes with metal pucks to increase the height a little . I am going for a three feet option with two at the back and a single centre spike in the middle of the front edge . These will have the metal pucks glued to the stone and then the nice large spikes glued to the pucks . I am hoping that this will give a really solid base for the stacks to sit on and I will again use blue tac under the speakers and the stone base .

Not sure if all this will work well on my suspended floors but it the best I could come up with . These should all be on show at the Wam Show in Kegworth 14/15th march as I will have room 217 to try and get some music worth listening to . If any one is going feel free to call in and see if I have managed to get the system installed and the stand under the speakers.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    Not sure if all this will work well on my suspended floors but it the best I could come up with . These should all be on show at the Wam Show in Kegworth 14/15th march as I will have room 217 to try and get some music worth listening to . If any one is going feel free to call in and see if I have managed to get the system installed and the stand under the speakers.
    Looking forward to seeing and hearing these at the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123