+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Streaming Doomed?

I'm Rohan.

Not a bloody chance, sadly. The game has changed for the forseeable future.

I'm Andre.

Gapless is the biggest biggest problem for me playing my Files back, a nightmare with Live albums as ou can imagine..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Gapless is the biggest biggest problem for me playing my Files back, a nightmare with Live albums as ou can imagine..
    is that gapless as in live concert. coz most albums have a gap between each track.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Matt.

Can’t see streaming failing to be honest.
    The vast majority of consumers under 30 or so demand instant access & mobility built into a phone & app controlled etc. It’s how they live their lives.
    The notion of collecting music on a hard format, storing it somewhere, copying it to a computer & paying for every disc is totally alien to them.
    OK vinyl has an attraction & is enjoying a purple patch but that is in addition to their music accessed via their phones.
    I guess individual streaming services may come & go but streaming as a concept is here to stay for quite a while.
    £10..........the price of one or two cd’s a month or unlimited access to an infinite library of music per month.

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    is that gapless as in live concert. coz most albums have a gap between each track.
    On a standard CD player the TOC will clock seperate tracks but play thru the concert flawless. These media players act like MP-3 where as they create an audiable gap.

I'm Andre.

What im not understanding is why the industry are not making the effort to make everything abvailable as a lossless Download where you can legally pay for, instead we have shitty MP-3 available from various outlets. No way on earth would i pay for a lossy file.

I'm Grant.

qobuz sells them, even if you dont have a current service. they can be downloaded and added to your files but can also be streamed via qobuz too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

grant im talking about everything that is on CD should be made available to buy on lossless if they want people to take it seriously. seems to me like the future is set for the young genaration that dont give a fuck about sound or where they get the music from..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    grant im talking about everything that is on CD should be made available to buy on lossless if they want people to take it seriously. seems to me like the future is set for the young genaration that dont give a fuck about sound or where they get the music from..
    well, most of their content can be bought afaik. ive bought quite a lot over the piece. good downloads.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

22 Euro for download! Dont think so somehow..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast