I think it's worth making a distinction between streaming from online services like Tidal and Spotify, and streaming from locally stored downloaded or ripped files. The two are different - particularly I think as to what people get from the service. The former does give someone access to a huge range of music at a decent quality. The later can sound excellent and give one the reassurance of ownership (not being tied to the vagaries of a service you have no control over).

I'm in the later camp. I like downloading and rip music and having my own store of music. However, I still have my CDs and LPs. For me it's just another format - one I like mainly because I can hear or read about a bit of music, try it on something like Youtube, and if I like it, be listening to it in high quality in minutes. All from the comfort of my study chair.

I still like CDs and LPs. The tactile nature of them is a real pleasure, but I agree that neither format is put into shadow by streamed music. They can all sound good, and in my system to my ears they all do.