+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denafrips Ares Arrived - some help needed

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by beermaniac View Post
    He suggested I open it to see if any wires had worked loose ! This leads me to suspect he knew what it looked like inside.

Very disappointed as very much look g forward to hearing the Ares.

Thanks all, I’ll start a PayPal claim and get a signature !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well just say you are not. Send it back like the others say..

I'm Steve.

The Ares II is a great DAC, it is a shame you have been ripped off like this.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Mike.

If you paid by any method other than PayPal I'd be wary of returning before you get a refund.

Or is it possible to source the PSU board and have the seller pay for it?

I'm Dave.

I paid by paypal so have requested an ebay return. He has come back and said its a Amanero DAC transition model with mains filter removed (though has not responded when I queried what this meant)

Also has not responded when i asked where it was purchased and why it’s different internally.

His last suggestion is to get an electrical engineer to reconnect the loose wires - but I’m very wary of going down this road, i suspect its a grey import copy and he has not provided any evidence to suggest otherwise.

Italian listing here

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F174119707675

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Mains filter removed

Regardless, in it's current state it's unusable, and I bet his next move is to deny refund when it's returned due to it having been opened.

TRUST NO ONE as far as eBay is concerned these days.

I'm Dave.

Yep I suspect it will go to paypal claims- i wont be returning until refunded.

I'm Geoff.

i wont be returning until refunded
    I don't think it works that way.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ian.

I would reply to him as follows:

It was descriped as in "excellent condition, not even a scratch" but it doesnt work, it doesn't even switch on / power up. If the unit was in excellent condition when sent and properly packaged the wires would not have come loose. I should not have to try and get ot repaired locally. The item is faulty and not as described. I want to return the item for a full refund. Please refund my monies and send me the pre-paid return label. To meet ebay/paypal return requirements this needs to be a signed for courier service. Thank you for your help.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    I would reply to him as follows:

It was descriped as in "excellent condition, not even a scratch" but it doesnt work, it doesn't even switch on / power up. If the unit was in excellent condition when sent and properly packaged the wires would not have come loose. I should not have to try and get ot repaired locally. The item is faulty and not as described. I want to return the item for a full refund. Please refund my monies and send me the pre-paid return label. To meet ebay/paypal return requirements this needs to be a signed for courier service. Thank you for your help.

Cheers

I'm Ian.

He has come back and said its a Amanero DAC transition model with mains filter removed.
    In which case he does not appear to have described the item accurately so never mind that it does not work an inaccurate description is also grounds for a refund.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast