+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Time Job

I'm Steve.

[QUOTE=Light Dependant Resistor;1158001]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If your "potential employer" is just passing on your details to third parties, then your postal application is just going into their bin. So that's a waste of a stamp then. I suppose it depends what type of work you're after, my area used to be graphic art and print, but for the last 20 years has been to do with the building trade, where fortunately being there in person is the order of the day /QUOTE]

If so then that is indicating your job application stood no chance anyway. But far better people always use written applications rather than their information being sold online, do you agree ?
    In time if it becomes habit the recruitment industry would be discovered for what they are really up to, which is all ready well known, to have little to do with offering actual employment.

If the employer is binning posted applications you would have every right to lodge a discrimination claim based on employment opportunity - providing evidence of posting then letter from
    the employer, your information could not be produced at the hearing. With 40,000 lets say such claims per week the recruitment industry would be forced to accept written applications
    as the only valid means of gaining employment.

Indeed just turning up at work sites might yield a result.
    Agree entirely Chris, and a concise well thought out handwritten application must surely be better than something knocked out on a keyboard and emailed to an employer. Providing the letter is legible of course. Unfortunately we may be moving towards a time where penmanship gives way to textspeak for God's sake
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Pavel.

I started working part time at 16, got my first full time job at 19 and never had a problem with finding jobs. In fact, I tried two times to take a long break between two jobs only to receive a very lucrative offer and take up a new job immediately after quitting the old one.

Unfortunately, that stopped once I moved to Ireland, it took me 8 months to land my first job here and it was a 3-month contract. It took me another 6 months to find my next job and eventually I got a permanent contract but I had to fight for it tooth and nail. Now this job is absolute bullshit and I really want to quit but this experience makes me very reluctant to try my luck again.

I'm Geoff.

A long time ago, I started full time work at the age of fifteen with no qualifications, but was never out of work until I retired 11 years ago.

I was technically unemployed for six weeks when I was 19, but moonlighted in that time. From age 21, I never had to look for a job, they were offered to me and many employers asked me not to leave, but I moved on. I was in charge of a sixty man workforce by 26 and had fifty years in civil engineering behind me when I retired.

None of it was really planned, it just worked out that way.

I'd like to work a bit again, but it would have to be my own business.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    A long time ago, I started full time work at the age of fifteen with no qualifications, but was never out of work until I retired 11 years ago.

I was technically unemployed for six weeks when I was 19, but moonlighted in that time. From age 21, I never had to look for a job, they were offered to me and many employers asked me not to leave, but I moved on. I was in charge of a sixty man workforce by 26 and had fifty years in civil engineering behind me when I retired.
    Didn't realise you were 76 Geoff?

Yes, I had all that 'You're indispensable' bo**ocks when I said I was retiring but they managed to replace me with an extra accountant & two more admin assistants

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

Is he really? he sounds so young

When I finished my apprenticeship in 1979 I left to work at another firm, two years later the company, established 1885, closed its doors and two years after that the building was demolished and has been a car park ever since. Just sayin'.

Sack me at your peril!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I'm not.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

I'm not.
    hes 77 early retirement folks
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    hes 77 early retirement folks
    Right. It's pension books at dawn outside the adult nappy shop!!

I'm Grant.

sloppy nappy fight... lets see who's is heaviest
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

I'm not.
    I saw someone just like the person in this avatar lurking outside Southall Railway Station. I think the cup had the number 77 on it? Maybe had a dog nearby.
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast