+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Time Job

I'm Gary.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Had that pinned to my wall beside my monitor when Jobsearching...
    He works!

Fun fact, my Son sent me this when he saw me struggling.
    Never say never.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 26-01-2020 at 09:17.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Kevin.

The older you get, the harder it is. If I ever get made redundant here, I very much doubt I will be able to find another job easily.

Congratulations on finding the job, and top marks for preserving.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Phil.

one of my family sends tens of dozens of applications and gets very little response . been a very very hard grind to get a job. its hard and thats in one of the busiest cities in UK
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Andre.

All low hour contracts these days. The worse ones are those that have you in all week just to make your low contract up. This shit needs stopping imho..

O ive sent hundreds of applications in even had loads of interviews, They dont even bother telling you that you have been unsucessfull nowadays..

I'm Robert.

Well done, Andre and yes it can be very tough......
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    All low hour contracts these days. The worse ones are those that have you in all week just to make your low contract up. This shit needs stopping imho..

O ive sent hundreds of applications in even had loads of interviews, They dont even bother telling you that you have been unsucessfull nowadays..
    The recruitment industry will surprise just how far they can stoop into what should be illegal practices,
    Here are the tools you need to discover what each job advert is really up to 1. a mozilla browser 2. https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/
    You will need to then sort through the java scripts they use to discover what they contain.

Invariably the person who you think is a potential employer is sending your information to numerous other bodies, who very sadly act to select certain criteria totally unrelated to the job to
    then select who ( if at all ) they then proceed with. It is a sick practice.... but can be dispensed with by writing to each employer by post., frustrating their online games.

I'm Steve.

If your "potential employer" is just passing on your details to third parties, then your postal application is just going into their bin. So that's a waste of a stamp then. I suppose it depends what type of work you're after, my area used to be graphic art and print, but for the last 20 years has been to do with the building trade, where fortunately being there in person is the order of the day

Well done on getting your new job Andre, hope it works out. Now get up them apples'n'pears, busy day tomorrow
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Chris.

[QUOTE=Pigmy Pony;1157991]If your "potential employer" is just passing on your details to third parties, then your postal application is just going into their bin. So that's a waste of a stamp then. I suppose it depends what type of work you're after, my area used to be graphic art and print, but for the last 20 years has been to do with the building trade, where fortunately being there in person is the order of the day /QUOTE]

If so then that is indicating your job application stood no chance anyway. But far better people always use written applications rather than their information being sold online, do you agree ?
    In time if it becomes habit the recruitment industry would be discovered for what they are really up to, which is all ready well known, to have little to do with offering actual employment.

If the employer is binning posted applications you would have every right to lodge a discrimination claim based on employment opportunity - providing evidence of posting then letter from
    the employer, your information could not be produced at the hearing. With 40,000 lets say such claims per week the recruitment industry would be forced to accept written applications
    as the only valid means of gaining employment.

Indeed just turning up at work sites might yield a result.

I'm Andre.

Those who just love being unemployed & just play the game love all that..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast