+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transfiguration cartridges: Phoenix S and Axia S

I'm Peter.

The situation indicated in post 4 has now changed, and the Axia S is available again.

Price reduction to £1100

I'm John.

I picked up an Axia S a couple of weeks back after missing out on this one (or so I thought). Thought I would see what all the hype was, and DAMN!!! it made my Sumiko Pearwood Celebration2, which is no slouch, sound like a rusty nail by comparison, it really does deserve all its accolades.
    Unless you've got lots of ££s to play with this really is all the cart you'll ever need. Deep textured bass, open detailed Mids, open airey sweet table, without sounding etched or putting a spotlight on any frequency, it really is beautifully balanced.
    Also very very easy to install, took me 10 mins to have it playing followed by about 30 mins of tweaking to get it spot bollock, using an Avid mirrored protractor, clear vta/azimuth block and digi scales.
    Do your ears a favour and put your hand in your pocket.

I'm Peter.

Thanks, John for the wise words

Long shot I know, but if anyone interested in the Axia S has an Edwards Audio MC3 phonostage they're not using, then PM to discuss a deal. (Only interested in the MC3, not other phonostages).

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    I picked up an Axia S a couple of weeks back after missing out on this one (or so I thought). Thought I would see what all the hype was, and DAMN!!! it made my Sumiko Pearwood Celebration2, which is no slouch, sound like a rusty nail by comparison, it really does deserve all its accolades.
    Unless you've got lots of ££s to play with this really is all the cart you'll ever need. Deep textured bass, open detailed Mids, open airey sweet table, without sounding etched or putting a spotlight on any frequency, it really is beautifully balanced.
    Also very very easy to install, took me 10 mins to have it playing followed by about 30 mins of tweaking to get it spot bollock, using an Avid mirrored protractor, clear vta/azimuth block and digi scales.
    Do your ears a favour and put your hand in your pocket.
    What a generous and wonderful affirmation and recommendation. Proper forum contribution. Great post, John.

I'm Peter.

Axia S still available.

Final price reduction: £950

Superb cartridge, now less than half price - less than 60 hours.

I'm Peter.

Sunday evening bump.

I'm Peter.

Still available at £950 ovno

I'm Peter.

Now SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12