+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfiguration cartridges: Phoenix S and Axia S

I'm Peter.

Default Transfiguration cartridges: Phoenix S and Axia S

For sale: Transfiguration Axia S and Transfiguration Phoenix S cartridges

Although bought new by the seller back in the summer of 2018, these cartridges have had little use since (I bought a Proteus D shortly after).

The company making Transfiguration cartridges (Immutable) went out of business when the founder died in 2018, so this is a rare chance to buy these cartridges in 'lightly used' condition. I keep a log of the sides played (clicker/tally), and the Phoenix S has played 286 sides (approx. 80 hours) and the Axia S 158 sides (approx 55 hours). Originally, the Phoenix S sold for £2795 and the Axia S was £1995.

Selling for:

Axia S £1200
    Phoenix S £1750

Price includes UK delivery.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Peter.

Top class cartridges, low mileage, one careful owner.

I'm Peter.

There are many reviews of Transfiguration cartridges available, all praising them, especially for their clarity and neutrality. I had a Spirit 3 on a SME 10+IV for many years, and can confirm that these more modern cartridges carry on the Immutable tradition of 'getting out of the way' and presenting exactly what's on the vinyl. They work well with most normal (medium-mass) tonearms, and are not in any way 'difficult' in their demands. They are both good 'all-rounders', ime shining on everything from electronica through to Lieder. Both generate a healthy 0.4 millivolt output and work best into a standard 100 Ohm load. They have very similar presentations, quick and dynamic, with the Phoenix S offering slight improvements in sound-staging, finer detail and micro-dynamics. Barely run-in ... they have more than 97% of their expected lifetime still ahead of them.

I'm Peter.

Axia S now reserved.

Phoenix S still available ... price reduced to £1600

I'm Adam.

Really surprised either is still here tbh.
    Rarely up for sale and these top quality cartridges are amazing.
    Peter is Also fastidious with his kit especially his cartridges.
    I ribbed him about the multiple clicker counter thingies next to his TTs.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Peter.

Clickers work fine ... it's my maths that's dodgy. Of course, 286 sides is more like 90-100 hours, not 80

Anyway, Phoenix S still available at £1600.

Happy to demonstrate if you're within striking range of M1/M6 junction ... it's a class act, and I'm sure it won't disappoint.

I'm Richard.

PM sent

I'm Peter.

Now SOLD

I'm Andrew.

Hi have you sold both?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Peter.

PM sent, Andrew

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast