I would have thought vintage kit buyers would broadly fall into one of two categories:

1. Folk who recognise there were some incredibly well thought out and engineered high-end products made back then, just need some research to sort the wheat from the chaff. I expect Robert falls into this category.

2. Nostalgia. Buying aspirational gear, which while not necessarily high-end was unobtainable at the time, or perhaps was owned and the buyer just wants the same gear again for old time's sake. That would be more like me, and I have considered putting together a second system that re-creates the set up that my friend's older brother had, which got me into it. Not really high end - turntable made by a company called ERA (French I think), a small 20 watt Trio integrated, and a pair of Dynaco speakers (Danish I think).

If the people out there looking to profit from this nostalgia ask silly money for these items I'm perfectly prepared to not bother and spend my hard-earned elsewhere, so probably not a sheep