+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi....from Wales

I'm Don.

Default Hi....from Wales

Hi,

For several decades I've had an interest in listening to music and in HiFi. The first piece of kit was a Dansette autochanger record player which I shared with my siblings, then there was the Grundik Tk something reel to reel. After that it was a PL12D Texan amp and Mordaunt Short speakers and Akai 400DS.

The speakers were nicked so I bought a pair of Videoton Minimax speakers. One woofer went many years ago. The woofer was replaced with something similar and I built a couple of mono amps (with built-in Chromecast audio) so that I can use each speaker in separate rooms for radio/music.

That's about it.

Cheers

Don

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Don. Welcome to AOS.

You don't hear about the Texan amplifier these days. That must have been early seventies.

Join in the chat, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you and the members are a friendly bunch.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Don.

Yep, early seventies, Texan also got nicked, replaced with Linsley Hood (75w + 75w). Great amp but tantalum bead caps in the pre-amp died so I passed it on to an LH enthusiast for TLC restoration.

Cheers

Don

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Don.

Grundig TK tape machines - that takes me back: my school had several of them as did some the father's of my school chums. I dabbled with some of the Linsley Hood designs as a student.

What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread