+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sonus faber

I'm phil.

Default Sonus faber

After some recommendations or advise please for running a pair of concertos the original ones, will a audio note oto run these or do I need more power, currently using onix monos, any advise or recommendation.
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Graham.

Nice speakers. I tried these and ended with Grand Piano and Concertino from.same range.
    However they do like more power than an el84 can provide. You dont need oodles, but a good quality amp with a decent power supply is needed.
    I cant think of a better amp for these than the matching Sonus Faber Musica and there is a nice one for sale on the Wam being sold by a gent called Julian, who posts as Bigrod. I can vouch he is a good guy to.deal with.
    Graham

I'm Graham.

I'm phil.

Thanks just looked at it but it sold today
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Philip.

Original concertos like a bit of power, the home versions are easier to drive but I still don't think 10 watts is enough.

I tried both 30 watts of EL34 pp and 120 watts of solid state on my concerto homes ( and the following EA2's) and the solid state was definitely better.
    With the extra power the speakers just disappeared giving a huge three dimensional sound stage.

If I went back to SF's I'd seek out a nice powerful mosfet amp.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    Thanks just looked at it but it sold today
    Sorry Phil, missed the sold posting ☹

I'm Graham.

Actually they were sold 4 minutes after I posted....., maybe i should have pm'd.....

+ Reply to Thread