+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MKI Celestion Ditton 44 - Rebuild & refurb

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Well in a word , no! The only way to assess the effects on the sound is to install your drivers and then see how they sound. You will also need to make sure that your XO is correctly updated which may mean dicking around with cap values. Your opening up a can of worms!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Can of worms indeed. & there is at least two variation of the Brown point to point X Overs to me knowing..
    All I needed to know, appreciated. I knew the XO would need to titivating and fettling but opening pandora's box isn't something I would be interested in.

I'm Andre.

Why not just swap out the caps like for like Type/Value would not cost much, you might hear things improve..

I'm Andre.

'33'..'22'

I'm Ben.

Why not just swap out the caps like for like Type/Value would not cost much, you might hear things improve..
    I'll definitely be going with caps, posts and possibly the cable too. I was just considering the "whilst in there" mentality. I have been reading up on Ansar Supersound, Alcaps and the Mundorf Ecap plain.

I'm Ben.

'33'..'22'

I agree they look lovely. I'll need to find something for CD's once these are done so they might fit the bill

I'm Andre.

33's use a 10" Bass unit, the 22' 8"

I'm James.

33's must sound better then.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
    I'll definitely be going with caps, posts and possibly the cable too. I was just considering the "whilst in there" mentality. I have been reading up on Ansar Supersound, Alcaps and the Mundorf Ecap plain.
    Spend as much as you like, but don't assume that more expensive caps equal better sound. That's not necessarily the case. Nor are non electrolytics necessarily an improvement.

I'm betting the original crossover caps are Elcaps, the black ones with red ends, which I personally would replace with Alcaps..
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    33's must sound better then.
    Now now no need for that.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Spend as much as you like, but don't assume that more expensive caps equal better sound. That's not necessarily the case. Nor are non electrolytics necessarily an improvement.

I'm betting the original crossover caps are Elcaps, the black ones with red ends, which I personally would replace with Alcaps..
    I'll be trying to keep as close to the original values as possible and more than happy to be advised on what to consider. Where is the best place to pick these up, is there a one stop shop?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast